~Forty-Nine~

A/N: Here's ~Forty-Nine~! I hope you all like it. I have one request from my wonderful readers however. Can I get twelve comments on this chapter? I'd love it so, so, so, so much I'd post an extra early update for you all to enjoy! Soooo if you're interested in that, please, please comment! I'll be on look-out all afternoon! Also, if you ever want to chat, PM me! Oh and voting and following me are cool too. :)

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

Axel made the call a few minutes after I finished up the dishes.

I gladly settled beside Axel. In a really weird way, we felt like a family. "Hey Austin," greeted Axel leaning forward a bit to speak--a weird habit dominate males seemed to  have. Just hearing the abusers name made my blood run cold.  It was disgusting what he did Dawson. "How busy is Dawson today?"

The response made Axel chuckled and I felt chills run down my spine as I imagined what terrible things he'd probably said. "You think you could let him go grocery shopping with Colton? I don't want him to go alone."

Axel paused a moment nodding. "Wonderful! See you in fifteen minutes then!"

He hung up and nodded at me. "Go up and get dressed. I'll keep an eye on the...pup." Axel looked almost uneasy as he looked at my pup. While I didn't want to leave my pup alone, with Axel no less, I obediently stood. Axel grabbed my arm as I passed, however and spoke in a low voice. "Is it true his fur is fully black?"

I nodded my head, unaware of why his coat color mattered. But Axel looked troubled, nodding his head. "Go get dressed," he said again, sitting back and studying my son.

I frowned a bit as I took the stairs two at a time. The less time I spent away from Emory the better. I threw on a light gray cotton sweater and slipped on a pair of jeans. It was still weirded out by the fact I was wearing the clothes of who I could only assume was Axel's ex-lover. But still, it fit. Putting my hair back into minor order, I hurried downstairs, happy to find both Axel and Emory exactly where I left them. Emory looked back at me with a smile. "Hi Daddy! Can I get some new clothes too?"

"Your Daddy has to buy you some clothes first." Axel replied, eyes drifting from the TV to me.

He winked at me, gesturing me to come closer. I smiled coyly, moving toward him. I knew that I shouldn't but at the same time I couldn't help it. Axel pulled me down across his lap. Somehow it felt nice to be snuggled against his firm chest. I felt his lips graze against my neck and my head shifted to the side a bit, almost welcoming him. "You're being so good about this," I murmured quietly. I couldn't help but be touched by how kind he was being to a pup that wasn't his. If a rouge couldn't handle caring for another male's baby, it must have been huge for a pack wolf--much less an alpha--to do that.

"I do it for you baby," he replied with a kiss. "Dawson should be here any minute though, hun."

"Yeah." I left the warmth of his embrace, feeling even more insecure about what was happening between us.

He had hurt me so terribly and yet here I was, falling back in love with him. Bad Colton! I thought angrily. You can't love someone who hurts you!

But Emory was safe, right? And that was the one thing that mattered after all, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who's this?"

Emory looked up at Dawson who looked just amazed by seeing my pup. "He's beautiful," he'd whispered when he first saw him.