~Three~

Author's Note: Aaaaannnnndddd it's really short. I know, I know. It just felt right to end it there, you know? Sort of a 'after the fact' chapter. The next one will be longer for you guys.

Pic: James: Colton's father

~Kate~

Age: Fifteen

I was moving, rocking slightly in someone's arms.

My eyes seemed to be glued shut, my side slick with the sickening amount of blood currently leaking from my wounds. Blood was dripping steadily from other areas as well: pattering softly against the forest floor below me. The voices of my savior or perhaps even my captors, filled my ears as they began to speak. "Silas, I fear this is a poor idea."

"The boy will die if we leave him for his family to find him. And rogues rarely pass into others territory."

"So what the hell are we doing then?" The voice hissed back.

"You know why."

There was a pause and then a gentle, "Silas. Helping this boy will not bring your daughter back."

"I know this, Cerre. But I know the pain of having your child murdered in cold blood. No parent should experience that."

"Silas, how can you be sure he even belongs to this...group. Perhaps he's even worse off there. Maybe he ran? At least bring him home with us. Let Cynthia heal him some, let him heal himself, and then see if he wishes to return to the place he clearly ran from. No wolf could casually get lost this far out. And we've lost his scent nearly a dozen times. This wolf did not want to be followed."

"Pups run away, Cerre. It's in their nature."

"Silas." We came to a sudden stop. "The boy is not Autumn."

"Unhand me, Cerre. I'm quite aware. If you you wish to return home, I wish you the best of luck. I thank you for coming this far."

"This could be a suicide mission, Silas. How do you know they aren't hostile? That they won't rip you apart as an intruder...and carrying their dying omega?"

"Don't call him that." the voice growled in response.

Cerre let out a sigh. "Brother, you are crazy." He finally stated.

"Perhaps." Silas replied frankly.

My eyes slid open some, taking in familiar trees and landmarks.

Nearly home... My body hurt, my everything hurt. Inside though, I felt dead. I wished these saviors had just left me there to bleed and die...or let the wolf finish me off. Either would be preferable than being returned in this shape. My father would never let me out of the cabin again, my mother would cry, and Liam... He wouldn't want me anymore. I used, dirty, spoiled goods. Who'd want a mate who's already been mated?

I trembled at the mere thought. Liam would refuse me of course, like any sane wolf.

I'd be stuck in my little room by wood stove forever.

"Are you sure about this Silas? You can still turn back. What the accusation falls upon us?"

"It is not our scent nor our seed that is on this boy. They may be blind with worry, but they can't ignore the smell of a dominate wolf."

Would I my father accuse them? Surely, at first. It'd my mother would remind him of common sense, to point out the smell that saturated me. He'd accept, grudgingly, but of course...who knew what he'd do in a moment of intense emotion? "If they wait long enough to smell him," I heard the other, Cerre, huff under his breath.