~Fifty-Three~

A/N: Before I present this chapter in that odd, chipper way I seem to do, I want to point out something that one of my readers have noticed but some others haven't. @geeky-fujoshi mentions the term 'battered wife syndrome'. Now I prefer the term 'battered spouse syndrome' but it's all technically the same.

Colton, for all intents and purposes is not staying with Axel because he thinks it's right. I've been trying to show this (unsuccessfully probably; I'm not too great at this whole fore-shadowing thing :P) all along. Axel is manipulative and is very good at playing on Colton's biggest insecurities and weaknesses (Emory). Not only that but Axel has, like any 'good' abuser, made Colton think the entire thing is his fault.

Now, this being said, it's not as simple for him as just 'leaving'. Not that he doesn't want to.

Questions?  Please comment or PM me and I'll be happy to clear it up! :)

Now, on a more fun note, here's Chapter ~Fifty-Three~! Yay! Thank you all so much for the comments last chapter. I got 21 comments (5/4/2015)! Do you know how awesome that is? No? Super-freaking-awesome! If I can get that again I will be very, very, VERY motivated to update as soon as I get it (hint, hint, long weekend ahead of me, cough, cough). Sooo if that interests you, by all means, go ahead and comment! Tell me what you think about the story! Please!

Now with that being said...

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

What a day.

Atlas' home was beautiful. It was huge, classy, and there were people there doing practically everything for him. I was led out to a large outside deck with a huge body of water he called a 'pool'. Unfortunately Dawson couldn't come. I didn't ask--I didn't want to know. We stretched out on these comfy chairs, taking in the sun's warm rays.

A woman came out giving us these sweet drinks that made my head go a bit fuzzy after I downed a few of them. Atlas had then reminded me they had alcohol in them. We were both quite tipsy by the time Axel came to pick me up. He chuckled, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Did you have fun?" he asked, as started the walk back.

I giggled, pressing my face into his side. "Yes. Lots and lots of fun!" I cried, almost stumbling over a rock poking up from the earth. "Whoops!"

Axel laughed, leading me a bit more firmly. At home, was greeted with a glass of water and the couch and found myself more or less sobered after an hour or so. Alcohol ran through werewolf's systems fast. We could get drunk but it didn't last long. With a headache and dry mouth, I started upstairs to take a shower and brush my teeth. But I paused in front of Emory's door again. I'd been gone all day and I had missed him. Well...in the back of my head I did. Those drinks had my head swimming most of the time. "Emory?"

I pushed the door open. My pup scrambled against the wall, looking at me with terror. My eyes fell on his face immediately. Tear streaked, red, blotchy...bruised. "You son of a bitch!"

I turned on heel, storming back downstairs where Axel had stood, looking angry himself. I rose my hand, trying to hit his chest--the best I could honestly do with our size difference. "Watch yourself, you little bitch," he snarled.

He grabbed my forearms, swinging my body around until I hit the couch. I gasped in pain as I looked at my bruised arms... Bruised arms... He'd done this before.

I was so stupid. So blind... I was a terrible parent. I deserved this...Emory didn't. He was innocent, being subjected to this treatment because of my mistakes. Emory deserved so much more. "Do you have a problem with me? Huh?"