Thirty-Eight

A/N: So here it is. Chapter Thirty-Eight. I know there was a bit of gap between updates but I work from nine to seven-thirty most nights and I'm usually just exhausted and in bed by eight-thirty. (I feel so old, lol). Anyway, I hope you guys like it. Please vote, comment and follow me (I'm just one shy of 150 followers. *Cue excited squeal*)!

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

"So you're sure you want to go through with this?"

"A thousand times, yes, my dear." Axel was being unsually nice and I wasn't too sure what to think of it.

It was possible he was just happy to claim me publicly and I'm not going to lie, the idea of not being a 'secret' and allowed to leave the house was nice. But I was worried about how I'd appear. I wasn't this stupid trophy for him to cart around. I wanted to be treated like I mattered. Like how Liam used to act. Y'know...before he found true love.

"Don't look so down darling. They'll love you."

"Like your father did?" I sneered in return though I regretted it instantly.

Axel's dark eyes went cold. "Don't piss me off anymore today Colton. You're still on thin ice."

I looked down, ultimately shamed. Was this how omegas felt every day in a pack? Scolded and useless? What a pitiful, empty existence. "I'm sorry."

I wasn't. Not really anyway. I mean I was sorry to get on the wrong side of him but I stood by my convictions. The way omegas were treated was wrong. I'd fix that if I could. Give them a fair shot. Besides, we were level headed at least unlike the hot-headed dominates that were supposedly 'in charge'. "It's alright." He tucked my head under his chin. I hated myself for liking the feeling. I just felt so secure and protected... "You weren't ever taught as a pup how to obey your mate. I'll teach you though, darling. Just don't take it personally if I get snappy. I forget that it wasn't wired into you."

Wired into me. Like I was built for him or a male in general. Like it was my sole use. I reminded myself of my pledge to play along so I could get back to Emory and looked up into the manipulative face of my 'mate'. "I'm sorry I'm not perfect for you Axel. You deserve better." The words sounded so sincere I even doubted myself for a moment.

A smile lifted his lips. "You're perfect darling. You just need some fine-tuning. It'll all come in time. Now, let's get you all pretty for tonight, hm? You represent me after all."

Asshole. "Of course." I forced a smile, taking the clothes he'd laid on the bed. I started toward the bathroom.

"Wait. Where is all that seduction for earlier? A man likes to see his mate naked you know." He leaned back against the pillows, clearly expecting some type of show.

I bit back my sigh of exasperation. "But don't you want to wait? Until tonight?" I tried. "To celebrate..."

"Let's start early."

He reached for me, tugging my closer. I felt sick. "But do we have time..." I began as he tugged down my pants, moving me toward the bed.

"I promise it'll only be a minute baby. I know you might not love it this time but," he grunted as he bottomed out inside me. Tears sprung to my eyes. I bit my lip and gripped the comforter. "I'll make sure next time is. Now just lie still."

I did just that as he used my body. It was like he felt it was his to manipulate and move in any which way he thought to be pleasurable. He obviously didn't care about my comfort or me at all as he pounded away, trying to reach his orgasm. It didn't take too long, thankfully, but the feeling of being split like that didn't go away. I straightened up with a small grunt of pain as Axel caught his breath. "Wonderful babe," he panted, fixing his pants, eyes trained on TV. "You were perfect. Get dressed, alright? We're running late."