Thirty-Five Part-Two

A/N: Phew! Here you go. Finally an update. But I have a lot of free time next week so I should be able to write a lot. Sorry for the wait!

Question: After reading the chapter, what do you think about the story so far?

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

The man who met us at the door looked like an older Axel.

Aging had treated him well. His black hair was peppered with gray giving him a sophisticated range than old look. I pressed sights my mate's side. This man radiated power. "Axel! Was this the omega you were talking about finding? He's little older than most but still sellable. Here, come on in and sit down. I'll take care of this--"

I looked up at Axel who shook his head at his father. "Can we sit down?"

The man looked rom him to me. I avoided his blank, black eyes pointedly, looking everywhere but at him. "Alright," he finally said. "Come on in."

Inside was nice. It was much larger than my own home but I assumed standard with these pack wolves. Art I didn't quite understand was hung on the walls, as well as photos of my very cocky mate during his various stages of life. It seems he was born with that look of smug entitlement. I looked up at Axel hoping for a look similar--one to make me think he was inc Intel here. He knew what would happen. If anything, however, he just looked guilty and worried. "Axel--oh, who's this?" A beautiful, though aging woman stood in the doorway. She wore a blue blouse, tucked into tan khaki pants. Her brown hair was drawn up into an elegant up-do I'd only even seen wolves use for very formal events. Never lunch.

"Let's sit down first, hm?"

Axel slid into one of th three chairs, leaving me standing awkwardly as his parents took their own seats. Then no one was even bothering withe, too busy looking at Axel fro an explanation. "Mom...Dad... I've found my mate."

"You did!" Exclaimed his mother beaming. "Oh, thank God! Where is she? Karla has a lot of explaining to do. Disappearing like that--"

Karla? Who was Karla? Another wolf he never told me about, most likely. Axel just rolled his eyes. "No mom. I sent Karal away. She's not missing."

"What?" Axel's father's voice was sharp and everyone flinched.

"I-O found ,y mate. I just wanted her gone and--"

"Son, I've exhausted our searching crews for this girl! How could you do this and not tell me! Where is this 'mate' of yours?"

Axel looked at me. I dropped my head, hands wringing together anxiously. "That?" Sneered his father as though I were nothing but low level trash thrown at his feet. "If you wanted and omega Axel, you should've asked. I could have gotten you someone..."

"What?" demanded Axel aggressively. "My mate is perfect."

"How did you find him?" The female asked softly. I dared to glance at her. She was looking at me with a sens so f curiosity not disgust. "We'll have to arrange something with his pack--they probably won't just give away omegas all willy-nilly."

"He's a rogue," mumbled Axel reaching for his glass of water.

"Excuse me?" His father.

Axel took a long drink of water and took his time swallowing it. "Uh, he's a rogue." He said a bit louder and clearer.

Not going to lie, his shame in my home hurt. There was nothing wrong with how or where I grew up. "Oh Jesus Christ," spat the man, throwing his napkin on the empty plate. He poured himself a tall glass of wine. "What do you expect to say, huh Axel? You wage war against them then fall in love with them? No. He's got to go."