Five: Of Service

Crissy raised her fist, her hand engulfed in flame as she brought it down and felt it collide with Aaron's jaw. The man hit the ground, holding up a hand to stop another attack.

"You're getting good," Aaron mumbled, gently holding his jaw and standing up to his feet. Even though he held an unnatural strength, his ability to see glimpses into the far future didn't do him much good against her fire.

"Aaron," Aries' cold voice snapped both of them out of it and looked over to where she had just entered the gym room. "Nephs just made the drop, the three should be showing up any moment, let's go." Her eyes flickered over to Crissy who was eager to join in. "Don't even think about coming with us, I have others plans for you."

~*~

You're fine, Verity thought, keeping her eyes trained on the ground below as she entered the seventy story office building. Focus, you can do this. Verity let her eyes go up to the security check, plastering a smile to the officer who looked her over.

She passed through the metal detector flawlessly and gave the man one last glance before making her way towards the woman behind a desk that lined the entire wall.

"Do you have an appointment?" The thirty-something year old asked, never looking up from her computer screen as she scrolled and clicked.

Any moment now, Verity heard the elevator bing and quickly let her eyes avert to her side. Three men and two women walked out of the elevator door. The men looked clean cut, their attire that of a millionaires, the woman looked professional as well, however one of them looking a little younger.

Verity tugged at her long sleeve, sensing the pulsing sensation of her tattoo shifting. Almost as if feeling her uneasiness, the younger of the five glanced over to her, her eyes piercing through her like daggers.

Now.

The girl froze, her hands moving to grab the man in front of her moving in slow motion as Verity lifted her right arm in the direction of the outer windows of the building. She focused her energy, feeling the wind moving outside. As if on cue the windows shattered, screams echoed within the area and Verity took the moment to advance on the five that had ducked from her actions.

In the blink of an eye the girl shifted from human to lion. An intimidating roar left her jaws and she immediately set out for Verity. John and Grey had arrived with the three legends, each of them obtaining the attention of the others.

Verity suddenly had the realization she had no idea how to take out a lion, much less a Masquerader that could most likely shift into, well, anything.

The lion pounced, Verity watched as her jaws opened wide and Verity outstretched her arms toward it, using her wind to force it back. The lion faltered in air as it was involuntarily moved backwards and landed on all fours.

The animal shifted back to the girl and she smirked. "Not a very experienced fighter," she noted, her Australian accent strong. "Maybe by time I'm done with you, you'd learn a thing or two."

Grey stepped aside to avoid the ice daggers being thrown by the man who introduced himself as Frost, very fitting Grey thought.

Grey lifted his palms, branches breaking through the tiled ground and shooting out towards the man. As soon as he was caught in Grey's attack, he took the time to look for Verity.

She flipped backwards and landed in a crouched position as a vicious bear swiped at her body. Grey glanced back at Frost as he began freezing the branches to escape. He let one of the branches leave Frost to attack the bear. Grey caught Verity's eyes and silently told her to accomplish what she was set out to do.