Hopeful Heart (OneSided!Dirk X Reader X Dave)

Your name is (y/n) (l/n) and you were happily skipping, bright smile on your face and gleaming (e/c) eyes.

Why were you so happy you may ask?

Well you were meeting up with the love of your life, Dirk Strider! Oh how lucky you were to have such a wonderful and loving boyfriend.

He was your whole world, and he was the reason why you were always so happy.

Grinning, you arrived at the familiar apartment buildings and walked in, groaning once you saw that the elevator was still broken.

"My god! It's been broken for years! Someone needs to fix it!" You thought out loud before sighing and heading towards the millions of flights of stairs.
__________

With one final heave, you push yourself up the steps onto the floor of your destination.

Placing a hand over your racing heart, you straighten your back up and smile, continuing to walk down the halls, ignoring the stinging pain in your legs.

Walking up to the plain white door for your boyfriends apartment you knock your knuckles against it, creating a noise that resonated through the empty halls.

There was a short brief moment of silence until running could be heard from behind the door before coming to the halt as the door was opened up wide, revealing Dirk's younger brother Dave.

You and Dave have been friends for God knows how long, and that's actually how you met the older Strider.

You guys just kind of clicked after you mentioned your love for anime. It was like love at first sight.

Giving a small and sweet smile, you wave slightly at Dave and giggled.

"Hey Dave!" He gives you a small smile and stares at you from behind his shades.

"Sup (y/n). What brings you here to the Striders residence?" He asks, flipping some of his blonde locks out of his face, only to have them fall back into place.

You can't help but giggle and roll your eyes.

"I'm here to see Dirk. Is he here?" You ask. There was a hum that emitted from the younger Strider before he gave a brief shake of his head.

"Sorry (y/n), haven't seen Bro all day. " He shrugs. You give a small groan, knowing that you had to go back down all those flights of stairs. "But, he did mention something about going to the park or whatever?"

"Oh alright! Thanks Dave!" You smile, leaning in and planting a small kiss to his pale cheek.

Pulling away, you swear you could have seen a blush form on his cheeks before you turned away and made your way down the stairs to head to the park.
____________

"Ugh, where could he be?" You question out loud, now walking down the park trail that circled around a huge playground in the middle.

You were starting to give up, thinking that Dirk had already left and was back at home. That was, until you saw those familiar Kamina shades that he wore all the time.

There he was, over by the benches sitting next to.... was... was that Jake? You furrow your eyebrows and begin to make your way over to the two.

Before you could even open your mouth to call out his name, your eyes widen in horror as you watch him slowly move in and place his lips ontop of Jakes.

Time literally stopped as you froze in place, a shiver running up and down your spine.

"D-Dirk?" You whisper to yourself, (e/c) orbs glued onto his form as he kissed the other male.