Chapter 3

*My feet couldn't push me fast enough. Something was chasing me. What? Hell. I don't know. Its loud, its big, and its out for blood. My blood. Suddenly i slipped and came face to face with the ground. Quickly, but clumsily picking myself back up I scramble back to my feet and run harder then I ever have before. Footsteps, growing louder. Growls, growing even more ferociously. And me, slowing down. I could feel my heart ready to abandon my body. My breath hitching and leaving me almost completely. And that's when it all ends.*
I wake up gasping for the air i had thought i lost. Complete darkness was all i could remember from my dream. And nothing else. Looking over at my alarm clock i now see its 1 in the afternoon. Crap! I've never slept in this late. Jumping out of bed I rush to brush my teeth, shower, brush my knotted lilac hair, straighten it and use the bathroom. Padding into my closet I do a quick look through my clothes I grab a crop top with Paris written on it, a blue leather skirt, a black knit wrap, black knee highs, and black lace up heels. This should look good enough. I pin my hair back to look acceptable. I'm hungry..... That reminds me. I don't have any food for the house yet. I'll just run to the grocery store and buy some stuff and then get to work. Grabbing my keys, and locking my door I jump into my black dodge charger. Soon my engine roars to life and I'm ripping down the road.
This grocery store was adorable. Small but still looks up scale. Smiling i walk up to the big glass doors. They easily slide open and i walk in. Peoples heads turn toward the doors curiously. I shyly look down while grabbing a cart. I walk down the baked goods aisle and look around. Going down the aisles i look at all the goodies. Grabbing one every now and then. Finally going down the dairy section I look through the frozen goodness called ice cream. Smiling when i see the very last of my favorite....fish food. I stretch out my arm towards the frozen heaven. But just as i grab it another hand reaches out and grabs it. The hand was masculine and warm....Cozy, and felt like sitting in front of the fire place on a cold holiday night. I blush and snatch my hand back from his comforting grasp. I hear someone chuckle next to me. His laughs was booming, dominant, and made me smile. I look up at him and my mouth grows dry. My whole vocabulary grows blank as if it had just all been erased.