Raven

"If you had your powers, you'd know I was telling the truth."

 Jax's head snapped up and she stare intensely at the man standing in front of her. "How do you know I don't have my..." Charles looked up again at the woman he was leaning on.

"I told you."

"Are you CIA?"

"No."

"Who are you? Have you been watching me?"

"I know you, Charles. I know her and I know him." The man pointed from Jax to Hank as he stepped around the table he'd previously been thrown onto. Charles lifted himself up and stood in front of his girlfriend as the man in the brown leather walked to them. "I know your powers came when you were nine." he leaned against the front of the table. "I know you thought you were going crazy when it started, all voices in your head. I know it wasn't until you were twelve that you realized all the voices were in everyone else's head. Do you want me to go on?"

Charles shook his head, he didn't want to believe it.

"I know you met her when you were sixteen years old. I know you were afraid of talking to her so you read her mind to find out what she liked. I know your first date was in the woods and when you kissed her the first time roses grew up around your feet and that's what you get her for you anniversary every year and what you'll continue to give her for the rest of your lives."

"We're not married." Charles told him.

"Not yet but you will be."

"Enough!" Jax shouted.

"Alright, you've peeked my interest, what do you want?" 

 "We have to stop Raven." the man stated. Jax rolled her eyes. She and Raven weren't exactly on the best of terms. They used to be best friends, they were inseparable until Raven left them. Jax turned around to go to her room to be alone but Charles grabbed her hand and held it tight. "I need your help. We need your help."

"I think I'd like to wake up now." Charles pulled Jax with him into the study so he could pour himself a drink.

"What does she have to do with this?" Hank asked, the blue draining from his complection and his body shrinking. Jax watched sadly, hating that he did that to himself as she followed Charles.

"So you're telling me that they took Raven's power and what... they weaponized it?" "She is unique..." Hank tried to hide the adoration in his statement. Raven's mutation was astonishing. She morph her body into whomever she wanted, she could mimic their voice, looks. She could be anyone she wanted.

"Yes she is Hank." Charles agreed. "You want a drink, love?" Charles asked quietly. Jax shook her head. Charles sat in his chair behind his desk and Jax perched herself in her usual spot on the stool beside him. She liked to sit there and watch him work upon the rare occasion that he did.

"Look," Logan, the stranger, started. "At first they were just targeting the mutants. Then they began to identify the genetics of non-mutants who would eventually have mutant children and grandchildren. Then the humans tried to help us, it was a slaughter leaving only the worst of humanity in charge. I've been in a lot of wars, I've never seen anything like this. And it all starts with her."