Twelve: Looking for You

Start from the beginning

"You're welcome.", I returned the smile, and headed back to my spot at the cash register.

Barbs tapped me on the shoulder, "I'm going to check out if I can fix that broken ice cream dispenser at the back. I'll be back in a flash."

She, then, disappeared into the back room of the shop, leaving me to face the customers all by myself.

No biggie. I could totally handle this, right?

- - - - - Jack - - - - - ➳

I know I could find her.

I don't have enough information to track her down like a stalker, but I have this inner-gut feeling of confidence that I will find her. It shouldn't be that hard, right?

"Hey, man.", Hiccup enters my trailer once again. "You sure did make a scene with those fangirls, eh?"

"It was awesome.", I exclaimed. "I never knew a lot of people supported me."

"I noticed your eyes were wandering off, too.", he snickered.

I rolled my eyes, "Believe anything you want, Hic. I'm just here to work."

"Yeah, right.", he laughed. "I hope you find her, and I hope she doesn't run scared of your spotlight."

It took us about ten takes to get the perfect shot that the director... and Deandra... wanted. She had to touch up her make-up every five minutes, and that took us quite a long time.

Soon afterward, we were dismissed to our hotel rooms, but I was pretty curious about the town, snapped on a cap, and headed out to see the quaint mountainside community.

Where could she be?

As I passed by the stores, the Carolinans pretty much favored desserts, as I could see a bunch of patisseries, bakeries, cupcake shops, and candy stores everywhere.

The sun was still up in the sky, around two in the afternoon, if I am not mistaken.

I kept strolling and strolling, keeping my head low to avoid anyone to recognize me.

"Oops, sorry!", a little boy holding a bright mint ice cream cone bumped into me.

'No harm done', I thought to myself, taking a check on my clothes to see if he had smeared some of his treat on my shirt, "No problem, kid."

He smiled, found his mother, and continued to walk down the road.

This search is getting harder than I thought.

Peering into a shop window, I was still looking for girls who could potentially be her. I mean, I do not know what she looks like, but maybe I'd get some sort of feeling.

There's one with dark hair, but she looked like she listened to punk rock, and I don't think Elsa's that type.

"Dammit.", a wisp of a girl passed by me, exiting the particular shop I was peering into.