That Was Really Rude

Comincia dall'inizio

"My mom would freak out, and probably call your mom about it." She said, laughing at the idea. "Our church committee would know about it in no time."

"They'll be the talk of the town." I said. "Everyone would gossip about it..."

"True." Nat said, nodding.

"I mean, I personally don't care if they are a homosexual couple. I just care about Dennis not telling me in the first place." I said.

"Maverick, you're over thinking this." Natasha said, taking the tub of ice cream and eating by herself. "We don't know anything."

"But Dani does!" I protested.

"We just met her earlier today!" She replied, "We don't know her."

"But, something about her seems very familiar." I muttered to myself, spacing out as I watched the movie.

Natasha was giving me an odd look.

"I mean, she seemed really nice." I told her quickly. "She seems cool."

"Are you replacing me as your best friend?"

"Of course not!" I protested, patting her cheek. "Don't be too jealous."

"I'm not!" She said. "Dani seems... weird. Ugh. You know how your Grandpa introduced her to us, right?"

"Yeah." I replied, nodding my head. "I'm still confused about the whole she's important idea."

"A celebrity?" Dani asked. "Nah. We would've known." She answered her own question.

"A daughter of a celebrity?" I suggested.

"Possibly." Nat said, nodding her head.

"She's definitely pretty enough to be considered important." I blurted out.

Natasha gave me an odd look again.

"What?"

"Why are you so obsessed all of a sudden?" She asked, handing me a napkin to wipe my mouth from the ice cream.

"I am not." I protested. "I'm just really curious. Don't look at me like that! Don't you think it's interesting?"

"You are so nosey." Nat said, scoffing. "Just leave it alone. We can always ask Dani."

"Oh. Yeah. That's could work too."

"But I bet she's just another one of those rich people." She said. "You know, like your family."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously. "And we are not rich!"

"Oh pfft! Don't be so modest, your mother's side of the family practically runs the whole Catholic School system around town, and your dad is a top-notch businessman. Overall, you're pretty well known."

I hit her arm.

"Hey! We're not rich!" I said again. suddenly feeling insecure. "It doesn't mean anything, and my parents are well known, not me."

"I proved my point though." Nat said, wagging a spoon at my face. "You're still considered important."

I stared at her with a deep frown.

"Just like Dani, she's probably important too, I mean, rich." Natasha added, smirking at me.

"What the hell are we even talking about now?" I asked, suddenly feeling confused.

"We were talking about Dani, and the possibility of Dennis and Thomas as a gay couple." She answered, sounding like she's talking to a toddler.

I gave her an offended look, and shook my head at her.