Talk With The Father

We had just finished doing another dumb mission and were heading off to do our own thing, when I was pulled back by our sensei. Glancing at him with a questioning look on my face, he gestured for me to follow him. Sighing, I followed along as we strolled through the streets, heading off to somewhere away from the busy area. We arrived at a house and Kakashi unlocked it, holding it open and waiting for me to go past. Hesitating, I slowly went past him into the house. Story time......

It was silent as we sat across from each other, neither of us wanting to be the first one to say something. A knock at the door broke the silence and I stared at the door wondering who it was. Kakashi got up and walked to the door, opening it and revealing the Hokage along with a very muscular looking man who seemed intimidating. Ah, I remembered who he was. Mother had told me about him before. Morino Ibiki. In charge of torture and extraction. He was a strong ninja who had gone through torture before and hadn't said a word about his village.

They walked into the room and sat on the sofa opposite me. Ibiki stood off to the side leaning against a wall. He looked very grumpy. The scars on his face told me of the pain he'd experienced and the fights he'd been in. He was tough. Emotionally and physically.
"So Kakashi informed me a few days ago that you told him you were Rin Hatoshi's child, is that true?" Hiruzen asked.
"Yes, I am indeed. Unfortunately." I replied with a glare.
"She went missing years back. Did she get with somebody else?" Kakashi demanded, still not being able to accept what he had already figured out days ago.
"No. She didn't. You should know why she left. I don't. All I know is that she's a killer who never deserved to be a mother. I feel sorry for anyone who ever had to be her child, they'd be better off dead." I spat, anger building up inside me. Suddenly there was a sharp stinging sensation coming from my cheek. Staring up at Kakashi in shock, I saw that his face was full of anger. He lifted his hand up again and was about to strike when I felt tears come to my eyes. He was just like my mother. He would hit me when he became angry too! Fear flashed across my face as I stared up at him and I cowered into the chair.
"Please....... don't........." I begged, tears falling down my cheeks. He stumbled back with shock upon seeing me in this state.
"Tsukiko......" He reached a hand out to me causing a whimper to escape my lips. He stopped and backed away.
"You and her, you both hit me. Please don't be her!" I cried out in fear, turning round and trying to leave. A large hand grabbed hold of my shoulder and in my panic, I fell to the floor. Hearing gasps fill the room, I looked behind to see them all staring at my back and my neck. They'd seen my scars! Filled with fright, I hopped back up and ran out of the house. I couldn't stay there. What if he hit me again? What if he defended her? What if when he found out how damaged I was, he tossed me away and never wanted to see me? Sobs wracked my body as I ran and ran, not knowing where I was headed. I bumped into a body and looked forward, quickly realising who it was.
"Tsukiko?" He gasped in disbelief, wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug. "What's wrong?" I said nothing, only cried into the chest of the boy who had quickly become my best friend. Naruto.

A few hours later, I had calmed down and was lying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. Naruto was sat on the bed next to me, a hand stroking through my hair. He was trying to comfort me. Never before has anyone tried to do this for me, especially not my mother.
"What happened Tsukiko?" Naruto asked softly.
"They began asking questions. Keep told them what he didn't wanna hear and so he slapped me." I informed him vaguely.
"Who hit you?" He demanded.
"My father." I replied bluntly. He seemed shocked to hear that my father was alive. I hadn't told them anything about me, so learning that I had a father who was alive was a shock to him. "Please don't ask me anymore." I begged. There was a knock at the door and Naruto went to go answer me. Three lots of footsteps entered the apartment, coming straight towards the bedroom. They knew I was here. Naruto entered the room followed by Kakashi. Pressing my back against the headboard, I tried to keep space between us.
"Tsukiko?" Naruto asked confused, wondering why I was acting this way. My hands went to my red cheek and a flicker of realisation crossed over his face. He looked angry and turned to face Kakashi, slamming into him.and pushing him away from his room.
"Get out! You did this to her! Leave her alone!" Naruto shouted angrily.
"Naruto! Stop!" Hiruzen's voice commanded as he now entered the room. Naruto froze upon hearing the Hokage's words and stared at me conflicted. Deciding not to get Naruto in trouble, I gave him a weak reassuring smile.
"Its ok. It's a misunderstanding. Kakashi just wants to talk." I smiled.
"Oh. Ok? Sorry I guess Kakashi-sensei....." He rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed but his eyes told me he didn't believe me.
"Let's go next door to your apartment shall we?" Hiruzen suggested. Nodding, I hurried past Kakashi and exited Naruto's apartment.