Escape

Dark clouds covered the once blue skies, no rays of sunshine stretching through the barred window of a quiet room. Within that room was only a black bed, white walls and wooden flooring. It belonged to a single child who turned twelve years old in a week. This child had long and wavy hair. Half being white which then suddenly turned black on the other half. The eyes however were a glowing gold which kept anyone staring at them with fear or admiration. The child sat on the bed, katana laid out on the sheets, along with the kunai and small knives and senbon needles. That child had been hated but trained by her mother since birth. That child............ was me.

Hatoshi Tsukiko. My mother was called Hatoshi Rin. Tsukiko meant moon child while my mother's name meant cold, dignified and severe. Her name certainly matched her personality. My mother had told me tales of my father, however I had not ever met him. He lived in Konoha while we lived on the outskirts of nowhere. While my mother suited her name, she had once told me of a girl named Rin who had been accidentally killed during a mission. She had been a nice and caring girl who had been in love with my father, however a boy named Obito had loved her while my father showed no interest.

The white side of my hair had come from my father while the black side and my gold eyes had come from her. Strange genetics wasn't it? Having both white and black hair? I found it strange but it was also unique, and that was why I liked it. It symbolised that I was special, unique, different. However I was also similar to my mother due to the harsh training she gave me. I had been trained to kill, could move as easily as a member of the ANBU and an assassin, and also knew how to cover my emotions. Luckily though, I did not inherit the sadistic and slightly psychotic side to my mother.
"Tsukiko!" Mother called. "Come at once!" She ordered. Getting up off my bed, I ran out of the door and downstairs to where my mother stood. Keeping her waiting was dangerous. She smirked in response to my haste to stand before her. "I'm going out on a spree. When I get back, this house had better be spotless and dinner better have been made. Do you understand?"
"Yes, mother." I bowed respectfully, ignoring the hate that bubbled within me at the mere sight of her. With that, she simply turned and walked out of the house, leaving me alone in the silent house, not even the sound of a bird chirping to keep me company.

Tonight was planned to be the night I escaped. While mother was out, it gave me the perfect opportunity to gather up my katana, senbon, kunai and knives, as well as my scrolls with food and water inside. Exiting the house, I turned to look at it once more. This certainly was not a place I would miss, that was for sure. Fleeing into the large woods, I sprinted through to the direction that I knew Konoha to be in. Southwest.

On the way to Konoha, I ran into some rogue nin and other problems such as bandits, however defeating them was near enough easy. Killing came naturally and so did fighting. However, I did not manage to get through those fights unscathed. Blood poured from new wounds on my already bandaged arms, legs and stomach. This did not stop me from carrying on toward my goal. My feet continued onward, over hills and through damp caves. Whilst I walked, birds could be heard chirping away in the trees and squirrels could be seen scurrying up the trunks. Rabbits hopped around minding their own business and bugs scuttled up the trees and through the grass. This was more peaceful life than I had seen in years. Mother kept me away from civilisation unless it was for assassination missions or to go into a village and get something for her. By doing so, I had learnt how to tell if a person was being truthful or lying, and also how to read expressions even when they were guarded carefully. Seeing beneath the mask was important when searching out the target as you never knew how they would act towards you and what actions they may take. This enabled me to become a better fighter and a better assassin.

A few nights passed before I managed to reach the gates. Internally cheering, I stumbled up to them. The exhaustion from my lack of sleep could be seen from the bags under my eyes and the shakiness of my legs. Before I managed to reach the gate, I collapsed to the ground a few feet away. Startled shouts were heard which were soon followed footsteps growing close to me. My eyesight began to blur but I was able to get a good look at the two men first. The first one had long, spiky, black hair and dark eyes. He had a strip of bandage running across the bridge of his nose and a black marking on his chin. He wore dark blue pants and a long-sleeve shirt with a forehead protector and a flak jacket. The other man wore a similar outfit with it going all the way up to his chin, but his looks were different. He had brown hair, and dark eyes. His hair was combed down and covered his right eye. He wore his forehead protector like a bandanna. They had concerned looks on their faces and one reached down to pick me up just as my eyes shut and I fell unconscious.