Meal Tickets

"Some men my age run from their responsibility as father's. I embrace mine. Just sucks that some females use children as meal tickets. Using a child as leverage is never ok. The highest praise to the men who actually want their kids."- Chris Brown

Chris: Ever since I had made my lil move on Kyrie, she was acting extra distant with a nigga. I didn't blame her though. She had a boyfriend, and I know she wasn't trying to get caught up in my crazy love life, whether I was Chris Brown or not. I knew I had taken it a lil far that night, but damn I couldn't help myself. I wasn't trying to jump into another relationship after Kae, but I couldn't deny I felt something for Kyrie. I definitely liked her, but I was gonna have to keep my hands and my feelings to myself before I ended up running her completely away, and I couldn't afford to lose her as a personal assistant. Today I was working in my at-home studio, producing some new beats for my upcoming album Royalty. I wasn't no DJ Khaled, but I could do a lil something. I was playing around with the piano when I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!"

In walked Kyrie. She looked fresh faced and wore no make up. Her hair was in a neat bun on top of her head, she wore a off shoulder Marilyn Monroe crop top sweater and high waist jeans with white Nike Air Force's. Ma was looking good.

"What's up?" I asked, forcing myself to stare strictly at her face.

"You got a call on the house phone from Nia Guzman. She said she's been trying to get in touch with you, but your phone goes straight to voicemail. She wanted to know what time your coming to pick up Royalty." Kyrie answered.

I rolled my eyes. Nia was the last person I wanted to speak too right now, but I had too for the sake of our daughter. "Tell her I'll be there in 30 minutes."

Kyrie nodded, walking out the room. I sighed grabbing my phone checking my messages from Nia.

Nia: Y u not answering the phone?
Received at 1:15 PM

Nia: Keep playing with me Chris, I'm taking yo ass to court.
Received 1:23 PM

Nia: You won't be apart of Royalty's life if you keep it up. Try me.
Received at 1:30 PM

I smirked, grabbing my keys. This woman had another thing coming, if she thought she was gonna take Royalty away from me. I was her father, and I actually wanted to be apart of her life. I walked to Kyrie's office. She looked so cute, keeping herself busy on the computer.

"Everything okay?" She asked, pushing her nerd glasses up her nose.

"I need you to come with me to get Royalty."

"Oh... Ok." Kyrie stood up, grabbing her Chanel purse, throwing her phone in it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

"This car is really nice.. So much space." Kyrie complimented, as she looked around my G-Wagon Mercedes.

"Thanks." I smiled at her pulling into the highway. I hesitated before speaking again. "About the other night.. I just wanted to apologize. I took it too far, knowing you have a boyfriend. I don't like how you been acting distant with me. Like I said when I first met you, I want you to be comfortable around me. You being around me is apart of your job. So far, you've been a great assistant and your actually becoming my friend." I couldn't believe I was telling her all of this.

"You view me as a friend?" Kyrie questioned with surprise.

"Of course."

She nodded slowly. "I consider you as a friend also." She replied smiling at me. "Apology accepted. I just have one question."