chapter 28

Mum's water broke. Dad's not here. What are we supposed to do?

"HANG ON DANIELLE PEAZER YOU WILL HOLD THAT LITTLE FELLA IN UNTIL WE REACH THE HOSPITAL!" El panicked. "SKYLAR CALL YOUR DAD."

I called dad and told him about it. He might be able to make it home in time to see mum giving birth. The last things he told me were that he'll try his best to arrive the moment the baby's delivered, he wants Eleanor to be his replacement if he hasn't arrive and asked me to get his camcorder and record the entire event. I wonder if he wants me to be in the delivery room?

We rushed to the hospital and I told El what dad told me. She seems a little nervous and scared but also there was a hint of excitement. Mum told me she wants Eleanor to be the child's godmother. I'm just not sure if she had told El yet.

"Hello how may I help you?" A nurse said at the counter.

"Hey yeah my friend's water broke. Do you think we could have a room ASAP?" El said.

"Sure thing. Lucky you we're not too busy today. Can I have your friend's name?" the nurse asked.

"Danielle Peazer."

"Owh! We have reserved a room for you . Your husband called just now. Here I'll show you the way." the nurse who has 'Stella' written on her name tag. Man dad is fast. 

We settled in and helped mum by breathing with her. The doctor asked her pain level, and they checked out her contraction. She won't be delivering for another 7 hours. I'm praying dad makes it. For the first 2 hours we were in the room just waiting with mum and trying to distract her from her pain. Stupid idea but that's all we could do. I have no experience in this and neither does Eleanor.

"You two can go and get something to eat. You must be starving. I'll be checking on her for now." nurse Emma said.

We went to the cafeteria only to find one of El's close friend, Max. Mum had met Max a few times and liked the guy as a friend, of course. I just didn't expected him to be here. The three of us ate at the cafeteria and let me tell you hospital food aren't that bad.

Soon I got a call from Harry. I wonder if the whole band are coming. I picked up the phone and talked to Harry.

"Hey how's Danielle? " Harry asked.

"She's fine. The nurse is in her room taking care of her. We're eating in the cafe." I said.

"Great great. We're about to board the plane. How long till she's due?"

"Approximately 5 hours. You guys better hurry your ass here she needs dad." I said.

"We're trying. We're supposed to board an hour ago. The stupid flight was delayed." Harry said. "Owh shit I think the steward heard me. He hates my guts."