"Hey," He leaned down to kiss her temple. "She means nothing."

"She means something Colin..."

"A past. Something I don't care for. You're my wife, that's what matters." He placed a hand to her stomach and rubbed it.

"Don't think that just because you rub my stomach, it's going to make things better." He kissed behind her ear.

"What would make things better?" He mumbled, his teeth grazing her jaw a bit.

"Stop that..." she sighed, feeling her fist his shirt in her hand.

"Stop what?" His lips found their way to kiss the corner of her mouth.

"I'm not going to be lovey dovie with you right now. I refuse to let you win."

"Stop being so mean, you're wounding me..." she laughed.

"Wounding you?"

"Yes. I'm sorry okay? I love you, you're everything to me, blah blah blah." She hit his chest lightly, shaking her head and smiling.

"You get on my nerves."

"You still managed to marry me so it can't be too bad."

"I wish I would have known she was coming, I would have worn heels..." she muttered.

"You look fine to me."

"Who comes to a cookout looking like they should be escorting someone somewhere for the night? Does she dress like that normally?"

"I'm not going to answer that..."

"Why not? I need to know who I'm up against."

"There's no competition." She smiled sweetly at him, reaching up to put a hand to his cheek.

"It's really cute that you think there's no competition right now." She smiled bigger before turning to eat.

***********

Morgan

Tamia.

Why in the hell hadn't Colin told her about Tamia?

She told him about Harry. So why was Tamia left out of that conversation?

They were in the livingroom again; but Tamia was taking up the conversation while she sat back and tried not to get an attitude.

Tried.

Not succeed.

She looked like a model. Why couldn't she be ugly? Why?

It's like Iman and Tyra Banks had a love child. Why the hell don't I look like that?

She pursed her lips as everyone laughed at something she said. She's not even funny.

She excused herself and made her way outside and to the car. She called the first person that could either talk her down or help build her up.

"Do you know what time it is here? What do you want?" Sammie grumbled.

"Colin's ex girlfriend showed up."

"Showed up? At your apartment?"

"Hell no. She showed up at a family cookout."

"No kidding...well? What's the verdict?"

"She looks like a life size black barbie doll. The woman came in a dress and heels for God's sake."

"No shit, well what are you wearing?"

"The thing a normal sensible person would wear to a cook out. Here I am looking like a brown oompah loompah in tennis shoes compared to that jolly green giant." She leaned against the door and tried not to cry.

"Calm down...I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is..."

"She looks like she hasn't eaten since birth and her ass is so big it probably needs it's own seat in the car." She whimpered.

"Are you forgetting something important? You are his wife, he loves you, she doesn't mean anything. That girl sounds like nothing but a science project made from plastic parts and silicone."

"Not to mention I'm fat. If I weren't pregnant I'd reevaluate all of those times in my life I ate six pieces of pizza instead of stopping at two." She heard Sammie gasp.

"Wait...Morgan, you're pregnant again?"

"Yes. I was going to tell you but I just wanted to make sure, ya know?"

She sniffled. "Yeah. That's really great..."

"Are you crying?"

"No."

"Yes you are. Don't cry because you know how much hormones I'm dealing with right now..."

"I know. Alright, I'll man up...okay. Listen, just don't worry about her. You and Colin have something that she couldn't touch with a ten foot pole."

"You're right." She heard footsteps but just ignored them, till she saw the familiar pair of silver shoes.

"Speak of the devil..." she mumbled, turning towards their car.

She heard a few things move before she heard a laugh.

"You know, Colin never told me he was into teenagers..." she turned to see Tamia smirking at her. She looked down and pretended to turn off her phone; clicking the speaker and tucking it in her back pocket.

"Well, Colin never told me he was into old women either. Looks like my husband is a bit of a liar."

"You honestly think this whole marriage thing is going to last? Seems like he's got you fooled."

"Me fooled huh? Kinda like your friends when they told you that that boob job looked good. Your nipple is crooked."

She tried to control the overwhelming urge to laugh. Tamia scowled before crossing her arms over her chest.

"So how far along are you?"

"What does it matter to you?"

"Just wondering...you know, if you were chunky before you got pregnant." Damn.

Tamia smirked again.

"You know, what me and Colin have is something you'll never know about. I've known him for a long time and just because he has some kind of new Hobbie doesn't mean he's changed. He still likes what he sees and it's only a matter of time before he leaves you and your...baby."

She sauntered past her.

"And Morgan?" She spoke up again, pausing a little ways away from her.

"Rings don't mean a damn thing."