welcome home

Jazmine POV:

Riley came over to me and Huey I was so happy I started to cry. Riley looked down at Huey. "Hey Riley" Huey said. "NIGGA! Don't do that shit again" Riley yelled. "Uh..wasn't intending to" Huey said sarcastically. Riley rolled his eyes. Then the nurse came in with her head down and looked up her eyes widened and she dropped her clipboard.

She covered her mouth with her hands then ran out the room. We all just looked at her."well that was weird " I giggled Huey shrugged and looked down at the bandages rapped around his stomach. "Does it hurt" I asked. "I'm OK Jazmine" he told me. I sighed. "Alright" then doctors and nurses came rushing back in the room.

"Excuse me I need you two to leave" one of them said."why, what's the matter" I asked. "Please ma'am just leave" he repeated. I glaced over at Huey who shrugged. I nodded and left the room. Once we got back in the waiting room I saw Caesar and Cindy sitting quietly then Caesar looked at me and then asked."how.. How is he" he asked fear written all over his face.

"I'm not sure, well he's alive after the doctors told me he died then when he sat up and started to talk they had like a whole bunch of people run in and told us to leave." Caesars frowned.

"Well they didn't tell me to leave" Caesar got up and headed towards the room."Caesar don't go I don't want to get into trouble " I told him. He continued till we got to the door of the room."Caesar please " I placed my hand on his shoulder. He stopped then sighed. The door swung open from the other side.

I looked at the doctor who's face was pale. "He's alive...b-but I'm not sure how" he said. He lead us in where I saw Huey with his normal scowl, bored expression. "It seems as if the bullet has missed his stomach and liver and not harming any vital organs.... It's a 5% chance of that happening" the doctor explained. "Huey is extremely lucky" he smiled trying to hide the fact how terrified he looked. "Hes expected to make a full recovery and you can take him home in a week" he told me. "So he never died" Caesar asked.

The doctor seemed to become more frightened he let out a shaky breath "actually, Huey..he did die, we tried to rehabilitate him but nothing worked. His pulse was dead, but..he seemed to make it back I guess the last time we tried it worked, he's a fighter" the doctor said.

I grinned widely "yes he is, thank you Sir" I told him then I glanced and Huey who smirked at me. "Ok ma'am i will tell the rest of your friends you can see him now" the doctor left. I walked up to Huey. "Huey your so lucky" I smiled at him "yea yea whatever" Huey said. I playfully punched him in the arm. I smiled at him and my eyes water.

"I love you" I said tears pouring out my eyes."I don't know what I would have done if you died..and stayed dead" I said sobbing. "Jazmine its ok, I'm not dead so don't cry" Huey said putting his hand on my shoulder. I knew Huey didn't like to see me cry. I weakly smiled at him. "It's getting late Jazmine you need to catch a plan tomorrow" Huey told me.

"But.. what about you we can't leave you in Compton" I told him worried. "I'll be fine Jazmine just go get some sleep and I'll see you in a week" he told me. I nodded sadly and I stood up and kissed him on the forehead and head for the door.

Later that night.

We got a hotel its really nice thanks to Cindy. I was lying in the bed that I shared with Cindy cause Riley said that it's gay for guys to share beds and real niggas need there own room. I was looking up at the ceiling thinking about Huey. My eyes watered. I sniffle and Cindy turns to me"its iight jazzy he gonna be back in a week OK" she said. I nodded hiding my true worry.

"Hey how bout when we get back you can sigh up for this talent show thing there having that would be fun" Cindy suggested. I smiled at the idea, I did like to sing it let me get things that were on my mind get out and I know the exact song I want to sing. "Ok Cin I will" I told her.