Chapter Eleven - Part 12

Comincia dall'inizio

Marco was able to get all the paint off Mace's fur but clearly they bruised his leg pretty bad. He had about three large welts on his leg and a few on his body which scared him to think what he was going to find on Marisol's body. Now that he was done with Mace and Marisol seemed more at ease he cleaned up the bath tub and started the shower. She was on the floor petting Mace and whispering her love to him. He offered her his hands and brought her to her feet and led her to the bathroom.

"I want to take a shower with you so I can get all this shit off of you and check the extent of your bruises. I promise to behave myself I just want to take care of you is that okay?" She nodded and stood there feeling vulnerable as he began to shred her clothing off and when he reached the locket she always wore around her neck she quickly raised her hand to stop him.

"I never take this off." She said a bit harsher than she intended.

"Okay, we can leave it on." Then he started to remove his clothes as she began to shiver. She felt achy all over but seeing him nude caused her inner body to heat up. He washed her body thoroughly and scrubbed all the paint from her skin and hair with such tender care. He started to shake from his anger witnessing her body filled with round welts and bruises. Her back had at least ten markings and she had a few on her arm and legs. They even caught one of her breast and her stomach. It was infuriating and her wearing just a long sleeve tee shirt and yoga pants didn't help protect nor cushion any of the blows that hit her body. Her left cheek had a black and blue and swelled up a little. He was having a hard time containing his emotions. He could have protected her if Charley wasn't having one of her temper tantrums on the phone.

He got out of the shower first so he can dry himself and wrap a towel around his waist before hauling her out so he could dry her softly not wanting to cause any additional pain. He then dressed her with one of her cotton night gowns he found in her dresser draw that reached just above her knee. He set her up on the sofa with a comforter and pillow while he went to slip his jeans on. Checking her cabinets she didn't have any Advil so he called his brother for the list of items he needed and shared with him on what happened since he is going to need someone to lock up the stables for him tonight. There was no way he was leaving her alone.

"Hey, you've been quiet since I put you in the shower, are you okay? Tell me where it hurts?"

She half smiled at him feeling out of it. "I'm okay, just very sore. Once my adrenaline subsided is when I began to feel the pain behind those damn paint balls. I looked in the mirror when you were drying me and I have marks all over." And her eyes filled with tears. Why would they want to hurt her like this, and knowing Alex had his name on a few of these bruises hurt her even more but she couldn't tell Marco. He just got his family back and she can't be in the middle of disturbing that peaceful bliss they all shared.

"Marisol, if you have any inkling who did this will you trust me enough to tell me?"

She didn't want to lie to him but she couldn't be truthful so she merely whispered what she needed to say. "Yes, I would tell you." She wasn't convincing to him at all but again he left it alone for now.

He went outside to check around back and he met the neighbor and asked him questions as well. One thing he knew they were not big kids or adults more like middle school age which pissed him off even more that a bunch of punks could get away with this behavior. By the time he came around front his brother arrived with hot soup, juices, Advil, witch hazel and cotton balls and in addition a knap sack with extra clothing and Marco's laptop. They spoke briefly and Angel agreed to ask around to see if anyone knows or heard anything.

Marco entered the house quietly; Mace was on his pillow bed looking melancholy – poor guy he must have felt helpless out there. Marisol had finally fallen asleep and he decided not to wake her just yet. His heart felt heavy knowing he could of prevented this from happening or at least protect her from getting hurt. He knew he needed to have a heart to heart talk with Charley when she arrives this weekend. She was becoming quite difficult and he was tired of defending how he felt for Marisol. She was innocent in all this mess, he still couldn't figure out why she never married and it seems Nate has been the only person in her life. He wanted to know everything about her. It still killed him inside when he not only had to leave her twelve years ago but he left her alone with her father who was the devil in disguise. As far as he was concern there was nothing good inside him the only worthiness he carried was his part in creating Marisol. She was loving, selfless, good natured and beautiful inside and out.