Chapter Fourteen - Part 15

What a mess she made of her life. She knew it was a matter of time and utterly unavoidable. So why did she feel so shaken and distraught. She didn't want to fall in the predicament of how the saying goes - good things must come to an end. The secrets they harbored can only destroy their heart and spirit. Again her premonitions never failed her and its making her sick with anguish. She could not wait for Nate to come home she needed the comfort he would provide her. She couldn't stop crying and all these tears drove her past the level of insanity. Her face now swollen and her body ached all over. She kept going over the events of the day in her head and it overpowered her senses. Being around Marco's family conjured her memories of her mom and how much she missed her. It made her realize how hollow her life really was. She rubbed her temples to ease the pain from all her disturbing thoughts.

After feeling sorry for herself she needed something to occupy her time and decided to go visit her father. Entering the nursing home she just signed herself in and went straight to his room to find him in bed sleeping so she just sat in the corner chair just watching him sleep and trying to remember if her father ever told her that he loved her and she couldn't think of one time. He was such a cold man and she couldn't even remember him showing any affection to her mother either. What can cause a man to be heartless and inhuman? She closed her eyes and drifted off.

Marissa baby, oh my God. Marissa? Why aren't you breathing? Oh no MOMMY no help me I know you hear me and are watching HELP me my baby isn't breathing. NOOOOOO......NOOOO please Marissa. Mommy are you there? Please help me, she can't be taken from me too... PLEASE...Feeling a man's arm trying to take Marissa from her arms. "Marisol, give me the baby she is dead."

"NO Dad she is mine do you hear me she is mine."

"She is DEAD like her father. Give her to me the ambulance is here to take her." "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

"Marisol, dear are you okay?" Her body trembling all over, she woke up to Nurse Lucy's concerned face. Her dream felt so real, it brought back her memories of that horrible day to how ruthless he was finding her with her dead baby in her arms. Covering her mouth with her hand at the realization, she had to get out of there or she'll lose her mind. Looking up at Nurse Lucy who stood there quietly watching her as she tried to get herself together.

Finally gaining her composure she answered, "Hi, I'm sorry I just had a bad dream. How is the chief doing? He's been sleeping since I came in." She asked to take away the attention from herself.

"Well Marisol, you know I'm always honest with you. His dementia has gotten worse and he has been getting anxiety attacks and we have been monitoring his heart as well."

"Do they know what the cause is or what triggers these anxiety attacks?"

"The body and mind are funny. I think with the dementia he is going back in time remembering and reliving some bad memories which can trigger some of his anxieties. We both know your father has a lot of demons in that mind of his."

"I know, part of me sympathizes but another part of me doesn't. There is so much about him I don't know." She said sadly.

"Well my advice is to focus on the good memories, life is too short and we can't change the past. I do have to tell you he had a visitor today, a very good looking gentleman and once he left your father's room the chief got himself all worked up and was given a sedative that's probably why he is still passed out. He became irrational and they couldn't seem to calm him down."

"Did he say who the visitor was or what their discussion was about?"

"I was on my lunch break when it happened so I couldn't tell you but he had the nurses worried. I'll tell you that much."