Chapter Twenty Part 21

After coffee and cheese baguettes, they said goodbye to the priest. He had something else to do in the hospital. They found their way to the maternity ward and Lydia's room. Leon had been to the Kiosk and bought all their flowers. They had looked surprised, but quickly got on the phone to their supplier for another load. She was looking so peaceful, amongst all the fragrant flowers. No baby bump visible anymore. The flowers were everywhere, even on the floor under the window. When they opened the door, she stirred, and slowly opened her eyes.

Then opened them wide.

"My goodness, so many flowers, Thank you all."

Nicole said, "Leon bought all the flowers there was, but said they were from all of us." Lydia spread her arms and Leon went into them. Kissing her mouth and the tears on her cheeks.

"My wife," He mumbled.

***

The next morning Leon and Nicole arrived at the hospital at eight am. Lydia was awake and sitting up in the bed. She had just been told her babies were all well, and coming to her room very soon. So she was beaming.

Shortly after, they heard the rumblings, of little cots on wheels, coming their way. Lydia knew all three children were embryos. So they were not identical, but fraternal triplets. But the two little boys looked identical. They both had almost black hair and dark blue eyes. The little girl had golden curls all over her head, and soft blue eyes. Lydia looked at her, she would get emerald green eyes. Just like mummy.

Lots of photos were taken. And many uh and ahs were said, but by mid-morning, Lydia was sleepy. So they kissed her goodbye and reluctantly left.

***

Five days later Leon and Nicole came to the hospital early. She was going home with them. She was taken to the front entrance in a wheel chair.

Leon and Nicole carried the basinets. Jason was waiting in the car just outside the door.

They had stayed in the hotel suite two days, when Lydia woke up and felt it was time to leave. She poked Leon gently, and he woke up and kissed her. She looked into his eyes and said slowly, "I want to go home."

He really woke up now.

"Home?"

"Are you sure?"

She smiled and said, "I am really well now. My bleeding has stopped. And the feeding is also going well. Can we go today?"

He was really excited by now.

"Yes we can, I will call Mimi and Ben and tell them we are coming home. They are so excited, we are bringing triplets home. Ben is carving night and day, on the third crib. I better call Jason and Nicole, they could have plans for today."

Just after lunch they were all ready, and packed into the Cessna. All three babies were sleeping peacefully in their bassinets. Jason was piloting, Nicole sitting next to him. Lydia closed her eyes, and felt the lift, as they roared into the blue sky. This was her life now; never had she dreamed it would have such a happy ending.

She put her right hand, on her husband's thigh, and smiled.

He smiled back and turned, taking her into his arms, and kissing her, so time stopped existing. "My darling wife," he mumbled, as his mouth again came down on her lips, with a kiss, so soft and tender her heart totally melted.

The end.