Chapter Ten Part 11

Alicia was restless; she had come home because she heard about the accident. With both parents dead, Leon would be master of Binna Burra. Just what she wanted. What she had always imagined he would be, when they started dating for real. She had always wanted him, even when she was a teenager, she wanted him even more now. They had been made for each other, her mum had told her. The big stations would be combined, and then it would be an empire. She totally refused to think about the fact, that Leon had already built an empire. And his father had added a now famous horse stud to the station. The union had been planned from the cradle, by her mum and his. She would see it happen. She had been studying home economics, and child care, at her mother's wish. Preparing to run a very large estate, with lots of staff of course.

She had no intention to live in the kitchen, or the nursery. That was what you had staff for. When she heard about the accident she quit her studies, she didn't really need them. Her mother was dead, so she could do as she pleased. Coming home in the middle of a semester, had confused and upset her father, she could not care less. He had always been out of the loop, he would have laughed, had he heard about her mother's match making, said something about what century they thought they were in? No he better not hear anything about anything!

Deep inside she knew he would not approve of her actions. So what were her actions? That pregnant woman would have to go; she was seriously in the way, but recently she had discovered, the babies were supposed to be Leon's?? She was not sure how he had managed that being sick and all, but never mind, she really didn't want to do the baby thing. So viola, here were two delivered and paid for, what could be better?

Her figure would not be damaged, and nannies were easy to find. Now she just needed to scare Lydia away. Make her so jealous, she left Leon, and had the babies somewhere else. And then he would pick them up, he apparently wanted them. He would be a single father, and she would fly to his rescue. She decided to visit again, this time when Leon was far away, working, she needed to have Lydia on her own..........!

***

They were home at Binna Burra, by early in the afternoon. Ben picked them up smiling when he saw they both had a sun tan, they must have had a good time away. The kitchen smelled of cinnamon cookies, and Mimi greeted them with her usual big smile, and quickly put the kettle on for tea and coffee. She had also seen the tan, and something else. They were different with each other. Hallelujah, had they really?? She sent a little prayer up to say thanks.

They really tucked in; both her buns and her still warm cookies, quickly disappeared. It warmed her heart. When they had finished, Lydia hugged Mimi,

"That was so lovely, thank you". She turned to Leon, "I really need a baby nap now."

He was still recovering from seeing tears in Mimi's eyes, but quickly said, "Yes darling, I will tuck you in."

Lydia slept til dinner time. So they just had cold chicken and ham, on some freshly baked buns, with copious amounts of tea. Over dinner they talked about Broome, and how magic it had been. In their minds it was a little unreal.

Could they really start over??

Lydia went early to bed, more worn out than usual, but knowing exactly why. Making love she had used muscles she didn't even know she had. Leon sat on the veranda, outside her bedroom window. He drank a cold beer. While thinking about his life, how it had changed, and kept changing. Wondering about how, he could make sure, she stayed for at least 6 month, nursing the little ones. That would give him time to win her heart.........maybe?

***

Nicole was working part time, to have time for her training, and physio. She felt much stronger now, walked without a limp, and was proud of her progress. With her starting to feel herself again, she started to think more about the future. She wanted to live near Lydia, and her thoughts wandered to their plan. There were only a few weeks, till her friends were leaving on their caravan holiday. She had not heard from Lydia for weeks, so she would call her tonight and ask if she was ready? Was she well enough? She needed to ask that too, she frowned, her sister needed to disappear to keep the little ones. Would they come back to Melbourne? Back to her job? There was so much up in the air, she was starting to really worry. She called Lydia at eight pm, and Leon took the phone.