Chapter Thirteen Part 14

Alicia had been biding her time in Sydney. Now she had to get back home, and set the last bit up. She called her father, and told him how bad she felt. She would never do anything like that again. She had seen a doctor, and now she felt like a new woman. Could she come home again? She missed him so much. Toms heart melted, and he said he missed her too, "Please come home."

She arrived two days later, in his plane. She had never asked if he had missed it, and he forgot, so happy to see her home again. She had books with her home, and told her father she would finish her study at home, with the help of her computer. Tom was pleased, and could now focus more on running his large station. He felt a very good foreman, was the only reason his place had not been in trouble, when all this stuff started, with his only child. Now it was over.

***

Lydia came home from work. Had a shower, and a nap, still no Leon, she went downstairs and talked to the concierge. He told her, the gentleman had left shortly after her, and had not come back. She went back up to her room, ordered Soup as room service, and bunked in for the night. She had been thinking about Leon's proposal all day, did he mean it? She had missed him, and last night nearly blew her mind. He had been so loving and tender. She had almost decided she would wear his ring, and come home pretty soon...........now he was gone? She didn't know what to think, about anything anymore. Maybe some emergency had happened? At Binna Burra? The next few days would tell what happened. The morning after she woke up with a migraine. She called sick into work, and went back to bed. At lunch time she had a phone call from the front desk. A doctor Cambell, was there to see her, could they send him up? Lydia was just about to say, she didn't know a doctor of that name, when she thought of Ross.

"Yes please send him up." She slid out of bed, and wrapped herself in an enormous dressing gown, just as knocking on the door started. She opened the door, and Ross stood outside looking worried. "Are you ok?"

She smiled, "Yes much better now thank you." She moved back and said, "Come in, if you have time."

He grinned, "Into a lady's bed room?"

She laughed and he went in, she started the coffee machine, and they went out on the balcony and sat down. He looked at her.

"Migraine was it? You look more like someone had hurt you. Where is your sparkle?"

She told him about Leon, he could see how upset she was, but just listened quietly. "Give it some time, maybe something happened. You could just call the station and hear how they are." She nodded, not really feeling up to talking to Mimi. What could she say? He stood up. "What about, we go out for some nice food?" He enjoyed looking at the harbor, while she took a quick shower, and then they found a good place, and had a quiet dinner. Talking about the Harbor Festival coming up, and other light subjects.

***

Leon arrived after sundown at Binna Burra. Ben picked him up. He could see conversation was not welcome, so the short drive back, was done in silence. Mimi looked at her husband, and gave Leon a very subdued welcome home. They all missed Lydia; she was sunshine, even when it rained. Leon was silent, just working, every time he stopped working, Lydia's lovely face came to mind. How she had looked when they made love. He stopped what he was doing. They had made exquisite love to each other..............He could not be mistaking those feelings. He went into his office and found the photos. If you didn't know Lydia, they would say one thing, but knowing her......and he did? They could look very innocent............ He was not sure what to believe, he loved Lydia, but he had loved before and she slept with his best friend. No fiancé and No best friend.....

Was he doing the same again? Or was he a fool to let such a woman go? And then there were the children? Maybe he should go back to Darwin and talk? Maybe not? He really needed to talk to a trusted friend, and get a clearer picture.