Chapter Seventeen Part 18

Thinking about what she had planned to do earlier. Stay with him and nurse the babies, and maybe give them a chance to fall in love..........Now she knew, she loved him, wanted him too, she mused. What if he wanted her body, but loved her babies to bits? Could she live with that? Wanting her as much as he seem to, was that not the beginning of love...if you nursed it?? She shook her head, and started to haul herself out of the pool. She could think herself crazy some times. She hurried to dress again.

Her watch had a dead battery, so when she came into the kitchen and only Mimi was there, she looked at the clock on the wall..... Two in the afternoon? Incredible she must have needed it. She could have turned into a prune. She said good afternoon to Mimi, as she turned from her baking, and came over. "What can I make for you? You must be starving."

Lydia laughed, "Yes, you are so right, I am starving; I think the little ones have missed a meal."

Mimi smiled her wide smile, "You need your rest too, my dear. What about an omelette? It will not take me long." She took a frying pan and started. Lydia thought it sounded like work, but she could eat a horse, she sat down at the table, and started with the juice in the jug standing there with a couple of glasses. Mimi looked at her,

"Leon has been keeping an eye on you my dear, much longer and he would have reminded you on eating." She looked serious, "You are eating for several people, so you need constant nourishment." In no time Lydia was eating a huge omelette with tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese and crispy bacon, she drank two large glasses of orange juice with it.

Then she felt ready to go back to bed again. She got up, thinking she needed to move more, when Leon came in the door. Mimi must somehow have sent him the message, Lydia has surfaced, she thought. She took the opportunity to say.

"Hi Leon, can I have your doctor come visiting? One of the next days? "

Leon immediately looked worried, "Are you okay?" He came over to her.

"Baby check that is all it is, Leon." She said smiling. He turned around and headed for his office. Two minutes later he came out and said,

"Tomorrow my dear." She was quite happy with that, no reasons to take chances. She needed blood tests, and his word that her babies had placed themselves for coming out. She could feel one with his head down. And one with his little bottom sticking up.

Normal.

Often happened, when there were two. She then asked him where Nicole was, and was told, she and Jason were painting her cottage walls. She took that in, and said.

"I am going back to the pool, I think." Leon thought about her on slippery surfaces, and how he had worried this morning and said, "I will come with you." She tried to not think about him, with almost no clothes on, nearly succeeding. She went and got her supersized swimsuit, and met him in the poolroom. He was wearing a very small pair of swimmers. Her mind went blank...... She knew, she would have that vision, in her brain forever.

She kind of wanted him, in the worst possible way.........shame on her, she thought. Think, mummy and babies not ...! He started to come closer, and she could not move. Putting his arms loosely around her, he kissed her neck softly, and brushed his mouth over her lips. "Let us enjoy the warm spa; it will do wonders for you all." She nodded a little bereft. He had not really kissed her.......?

OK. Get on with it girl, she told herself sternly. Turning towards the steps, she held on to the railing and slowly lowered her body into the water. It was like magic. Instantly she felt like a different woman. No longer cumbersome, but able to move freely. Her spirit lifted, I am a mermaid now, she thought, and sent Leon a happy smile. He had been watching her, and felt warm all over, when she smiled like she was in paradise. He sent a quick request to his guardian angel.