Chapter 11

I've never been the center of attention before, so when kids start to crowd around me first period- let's just say it was an overwhelmingly fantastic feeling.
As I walk out of the Science lab, surprised I made it to school on time with such a hectic morning, people continue to follow and congratulate me on my way to P.E.. One girl even asked me if for the school talent show we could do a duet together. I have been thinking about doing the talent show, and maybe now is my chance. I told her that I'd think about it, even though everyone in the school knows she sucks. Everyone deserves a chance. Besides, who knows, maybe I could help her out a little.

Four classes go by, and the applause hasn't died down. It's lunch now, and everyone wants me to sing something. There, kneeling before me, is the cutest guy in school, "Sing...sing...sing!"
Everyone follows his chant. Before it gets out of hand, I give in.
"Okay, okay," I say with a blush, "anyone care to join me?"
The cute guy- who's name is Marcus- raises his hand. He gets up on the table next to me, our feet side-by-side.
"You listen to Ed Sheeran?"
"Mhm," I say, biting my lip.
"What about Tori Kelly?"
"Yeah..."
Simultaneously, "I Was Made For Loving You?! Yeah!"

Of course, in the song Tori starts, and Ed hops in later. (If you haven't heard the song, I highly recommend)
I started to sing, everyone fully attentive. Even Marcus sits, watching me carefully. As I finish the first chorus, Marcus starts the second verse. His voice is pure and low, and it is almost mesmerizing to my ears. As soon as we start to sing together, everyone in front of us is in awe. More people have joined our little group now, making it more of a massive cluster. We finish the song, and everyone goes crazy. They start to jump and cheer. Marcus turns to me, throws a big smile, and gently wraps his arms around me.
Puzzled, but not objecting to his actions, I do the same. He rocks on his feet, back and forth, and it's soothing. We release each other to see the other trying to surpress a goofy smile, and we laugh.
"You are the most amazing and talented singer I've ever heard," he says, once he's composed from his silly laughing.
"I didn't know you could sing, you were fantastic."
"Right back at you." I giggle a little, looking down at my nervous feet rubbing the floor, then back up to meet his beautiful hazel eyes.
"Hey," he continues, "we should totally hang out later."
"Yeah, yeah. When?"
"Uh, gymnasium? Right after school? I could give you a ride home if you need it."
I hide my excitement, and manage to hold myself together, "Okay, I'll see you then." He winks, and walks out the double doors, the bell ringing behind him. I hear a loud wooop! from the hallway and laugh.
I turn around to get my bag, and when I straighten up, there is a figure in front of me.
Nicole.
With the biggest smile on her face, she squeals and hugs me, telling me how lucky I am to have talked to Marcus.
"Yeah, he wants to hang out in the gym after school."
"Oh my God, really? Viv! This is so exciting, I can't even...ahhh! I have no words..." she trails off. We make our way to the doors and head to fifth period.