Chapter 6

I wake up to the peppery smell of bacon stinging my nose. My parents had no intentions of staying overnight, so when they found me asleep, my mother suggested to let me stay. At least, that's when Aunt Connie told me when I came out of the guest bedroom before asking if I wanted something to eat.
I settle for some bacon and a pancake with a glass of orange juice.
"I'll drive you home whenever you're ready," she says. Her eyelids hang low, her movements slow and short. Her hair is a tangled mess and she looked as if she just got out of a really bad chicken attack.
"Alright. Thank you, for letting me stay. And breakfast."
"Oh, you're very welcome."
We sat in the quiet dinning room and ate our breakfasts in peace. It was nice and calm, no grabbing for Pop-Tart and rushing out the door. I'm glad it was a Sunday morning, that means when I get home I'm off duty and can lay low.
I sometimes find it hard to believe that people can be mean or nasty to anyone or anything. Yes, I know, strange turn in thought. Sorry, I'm a scatterbrain sometimes. It just happens. Anyway, I'm too kind to even kill a fly. I always insist on helping it find a way out first before anyone dare smother the poor thing with a dirty shoe sole. But people can be such cruel and vile creatures.
For example, the other day at school I was walking down the hallway and these jocks came barreling down behind me. They started hooting and howling like some kind of mutant animals, and they were saying inexplicable things. I turn around to see them hitting each other's shoulders, high fiving and whistling. They started laughing when I turned back around, and I felt around my back to find a piece of paper on it. It said "Holla if you'd smack dat ass ↘⬇↙". I was utterly disgusted, mostly because they were talking about my ass. Of all people, you choose to pick on me, and pick on my ass? Seriously, people. It is still a mystery to me how and why it was there, but it wasn't fun. I've seen other kids get slammed into lockers, shoved into them and people closing them in, dunked in bathroom toilets, fights at school break out and one time a kid smashed another guy into a pillar so had they broke the ceiling. It's still not fixed.
Now, let me clarify that my school is a bad place. It's actually a safe and health environment for students to learn and whatnot, it's just little things like that that make me indignant, and despise some of the kids. And staff- half the staff doesn't even work. They just give you a worksheet and expect you to ace it.
It's quite ridiculous how people act and treat other people and assume it's fine.
I can't wait to leave school.