Chapter 27 (Final Draft)

Author's note at the end
It took extensive planning before River was satisfied that they wouldn't end up harming their alpha rather than pull her wolf out. They needed to pull the wolf out some way. But if it ended up harming their alpha, then all the healing she had done over the last few months would be rendered obsolete. But after some conference calls from Cortez, they finally decided on one plan. One night while she was sleeping under watchful eye of Axel, the rest of the pack convened in the meeting room to discuss who would be doing what.

They needed everybody above board before the plan went underway. If someone interfered or did something they werent supposed to, disaster was imminent.

"Just remember, once her wolf is out, we are to stay back." Cain couldnt emphasize on this hard enough. "Let Alpha Russell deal with the wolf. We are to protect the pups and the young alpha. And of course, Silvia. Under no circumstance is anyone going to come in her line of fire. She will kill us without remorse and then kill herself for harming us."

"But how can we leave her to Alpha Russell. She will need to be subdued and if Alpha Russell does that, it will be considered a challenge and considering all that she has been through there is a high possibility that she will be the one to lose. DO we really want that?" Cameron asked the question on the minds of half the pack.

"I can't explain this to you but if Alpha Russell subdues her, it won't be considered a challenge and she won't lose her place either. Its complicated but this is why we chose him. We won't be able to do anything to her. HE can and isn't considered a threat by her or her wolf." Cain explained.

"If you are sure." River said slowly. "But theres other things to worry about. Like her health. I don't know what her wolf's situation is at the moment. I will need to get her to agree to some tests without tipping her off."

"Make up a reason and do it in a couple of days. I personally think she is strong enough right now. Her training is going exceptionally well. I already confirmed with Alpha Russell for the weekend. I don't want to have to call him to reschedule when he is already doing us such a big favor."

"Very well. I will speak to her tonight and do the tests tomorrow depending on what she says." River agreed.

"Everyone knows what they are to do right? I don't want any mess ups on the day of." Cain looked around, seeing agreeing nods. Good. "Then let's break the meeting before she suspects something. And pray she doesnt get too mad."

They all went their separate ways and contemplated silently.

She walked into the forest line for her daily jog to clear her head after lunch. River and Cain had teamed up to recommend it to her a few days ago. Apparently it was good for her health. She couldn't deny that it was calming. Reconnecting with nature after all the stress did help tremendously.

On this particular day however, she couldnt help but notice the slight smell of blood coming from the clearing to the North of the house. It was just enough for her weak wolf senses to pick up. She crouched slightly and headed that way as her wolf raised her snout, smelling the blood and recognizing it as pack, she raised on her shaky legs, weak but determined to find and stop whatever was happening. She would not let it happen to her pack again. She would exact revenge for what had already happened and she would make it bloody. Whoever got in her way, god help them. She rolled her shoulder as her eyes became her wolf's, preparing. She really had no control as the first almost silent crack happened in her legs.

Cortez heard though and prepared. He was already in his wolf form, standing hidden near the clearing as he waited for her to come through. His body thrummed with the anticipation and dread and adrenaline all running through him. He knew it wouldn't be pleasant for him, his wolf or for her. But this needed to be done. He didn't agree with how they were going about this but he also couldn't deny that he had no better idea on how to handle this. He had said so to her gamma and Cain had agreed with both his points. But there really was no other way unless Adrian came back from the dead. And they all knew that was possible.