Gods Are Looking *this does not represent any religion AT ALL*

Once again, this story doesn't represent any religion! Please bear that in mind.

First of all, a sincere sorry from me as I haven't updated for so long. I have been having two weeks of exams(they should just call it exam marathon).

Secondly, brace yourself as this chapter is long and full of content. It marks the beginning of the main point if the story! Read towards the end and you'll find out why! :)

Lastly, I just came across this beautiful song that totally represents this chapter(the lyrics and everything). Actually, it represents the whole story! It's called "A New Day Has Come" by Celine Dion, the AMAZING SINGER! Look it up in youtube! I guarantee that you'll like it!

Please enjoy the story!

---

Alexander's POV:

Ding!

The elevator slides open smoothly, revealing to me a corridor with modern-design of dark wood, black, off-white and white. The air freshener has been activated and the refreshing faint citrus smell diffuses throughout the common spaces while some of the lights have been switched off. Some abstract paintings, totally resembling nothing, are hung on the walls, often attracting almost no one's attention. I quicken my steps towards my unit at the corner, reaching into my pocket for my wallet and digging into it for the keycard simultaneously. Stopping before the fire-proof doors, my ears catch the sound of doors opening. When fatigue engulfs my body, I can't be bothered too much already.

"Hi, I've just moved here." That person voices up. Let's just be polite, I whisper in my mind, to myself. Strenuously pulling the edges of my lips up, I raise my head towards the direction of the voice.

And that's when surprise replaces fatigue, all of a sudden. I still haven't forgotten that plain facial features from several days ago. Chest-length light brown hair and grey eyes with faint eye-bags almost unnoticeable. Her eyes that look almost lifeless, as if she's lost all point and motivation in life, often flutter whenever glasses are formed on them. Slightly cracked, signs of dehydration are clearly shown on the dry and paler-pink lips. Overall, her face looks sickly due to the faintly pale color that takes over its previous glorious radiance. Her slimness is unquestionable as seen from her wrists and neck.

"You...!" We exclaim at the same time, though she raises her arm swiftly, pointing her index finger at me. Later on, the shock written all over her face is replaced by a welcoming smile that maybe harbors hidden relief.

"What a coincidence! Do you still remember my name?" She defenselessly walks up to me, putting on a tired yet forced cheerful looks at the same time, almost fully contradicting the one I saw before. Taken aback by the complete change, I brush the thoughts away like how a cow would to bothersome flies.

"Se...ren right?" I question, hoping that I got it right since I have never been good with names.

"Yes, Seren Moreno! You're?" Seems like she's worse with names than me, almost causing me to want to face-palm myself over the unnecessary worry.

"Alexander. Alexander Hernandez." I reply as polite as possible. She nods several times before coming up with useless questions which I answer half-heartedly. I try my best not to portray my annoyed looks. But doesn't she know what time this is?! Can't she see that I'm tired?! I want to just go in and sleep! These questions and thoughts flash across my mind repeatedly, persistently.

"Well, I have to go now, to the convenience store nearby." She says. Hiding my gladness, I wave goodbye at her and finally insert the keycard, entering my home that's considerably comfortable in terms of furnishing, in my opinion. Dreamland is within reach, now.