Ch. 17: Surprisingly Not So Sweet

Start from the beginning

"What have I told your guys about flashing me in and out of places." Mom says sitting down.

"Sorry but I wanted you to see Zoe be transformed from..well..this into a young women." She squeals.

"Cool, thanks." I say.

"Okay close your eyes."

"Oh my"

"You look so pretty."

I opened my eyes and gasped.

"Isn't a bit much for a 15 year old on her first date with a guy." I say.

"Not for this guy. He's an upper east sider," Aphrodite says.

"He is!?!?!"

"Mom!"

"Sorry"

I couldn't stop looking in the mirror to make sure it was actually me. I had my hair curled and pinned back at one side to show my part. I was wearing a black strapless dress with silver gems. I had light make up on to keep a natural look and I was wearing silver heels.

"I feel like I'm eighteen. I don't think I'm supposed to feel eighteen!" I said panicking.

"Honey, relax, you're making yourself nervous you have to calm down you'll be fine." Mom says.

The doorbell rings.

"Aphrodite quick, beat Charlie to the door." I beg. She laughs as me, Mom and Meredith race towards the front door. Sadly Charlie and Dad are already there.

"So, what are your intentions with my sister?" Charlie asks.

"To go on a date idiot. Now scooch." I say walking between him and Max, who is nicely dressed in a suit.

" I'd say sorry but I'm pretty sure this is an improvement from the last time you two have seen each other." I smile.

"It's fine you look amazing by the way." I blush "You ready to go?"

"Ya let's head out." I say.

We walk to his car that's parked out front. His chauffeur drives us downtown and stopped at a really fancy restuarant. Thank you Aphrodite I silently whisper.

"This is the place isn't it a little much." I say as we enter the restaurant.

"You deserve it." He says before turning to the hostess. She looked about our age and seemed quite interested in Max. She smiled at him and he returned a one. I coughed and she glared at me but showed us to our tables.

"How is football going?" I ask starting the conversation.

"Pretty good. I think I might make captain next year." he says smiling. I smile back knowing that RJ will probably be captain, or Hunter.

"That's great."

"How's cheer and swim? I hear your a pretty good swimmer." He says looking around.

"I'd say I'm okay. Are you looking for something?" I say suspiciously.

"What-Oh-Ya-No I'm just..uhh.. looking for the um bathroom. You know excuse me I will be right back." He says standing up.

"Oh okay." I say as he rushes away.

"Cool."

I wait for about five minutes and he still doesn't show. I wait for about a half hour before the sympathizing looks start coming. I grab a waiter that's walking by.

"Excuse me, have you seen the guy that was sitting with me."

"I'm sorry m'am he left awhile ago with a girl."

"Oh well then in that case I should be going." I say getting up to withstand further embarrassment.

I walk outside and call Blackjack telling him to take me home. Once we arrive at the house I thank Blackjack and send him back to camp. I slowly walk to the front door fearing the interrogation I truly didn't want right now. But that's not what I walked in on.

"RJ?"

"Hey" He said from his spot on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I say.

"Your family and Meredith went out to dinner and I'm waiting for them to come home so Charlie and I can hang out with Meredith." He says.

"Oh."

"Aren't you suppose to be on a date?" That's when it all came out and i started sobbing. RJ stood up and walked me to the couch.

"He stood me up, well kind of. He left with a girl, probably from a different high school, I waited for awhile but then Blackjack came and took me home." I cried. He pulled me into his arms and hugged me.

"He's an idiot."

"Why do you say that?" I ask sitting up and looking at him, tears drying on my face.

"I just think your perfect and any guy should feel lucky that he even gets a chance with Zoe Jackson. Your beautiful and intelligent and overall amazing." He says.

"That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me." I say leaning closer to him.

"Well, it's true."

"RJ, I have to be honest with you about something and I know that ti's crazy but I have to say it. I have to come out and say that I-"

He then closed the gap between us and kissed me and it was the best way to be silenced ever.

AHHHH THE FEELS!!!! Hope everyone liked the Chapter! Remember to comment vote and share this story and comment any ideas you have!!!!! Love you guys ❤️