Ch. 7: The Quest

Charlie's POV:

I woke up on a train. We had just come form visiting Chiron's friends. I turned to my left and saw Zoe awake sitting next to me. She was reading some book.

"How long was I out?" I ask her.

"A few hours. We'll be at Camp Jupiter in maybe ten minutes," She says.

We were stopping at Camp Jupiter to get some information from the Romans. I guess they knew a little more about him... Well anyway, Chiron's friends told us he knew we were coming to get him and that he was very special.

"Why do you think this kid is so special?" I ask Zoe as the train starts to roll into the station.

"I guess we're about to find out," She says.

At Camp Jupiter..

"Charlie and Zoe Jackson, welcome." A boy says greeting us. He looks especially interested in Zoe.

"And your name is?" I ask.

"My name is Kyle." He says. He takes Zoe's hand and kisses it. I just kind of stand there awkwardly. Zoe giggles.

"So, are we gonna talk about the quest or are you going to keep flirting with my sister." I say smirking. Zoe blushes.

"Right this way." Kyle says after clearing his throat.

We walk to a building in that looks pretty official to me. We go into a room that has a big round table. There are many people seated there including Reyna and Frank.

"Reyna, Frank. Hi. Is Hazel going to be here?" Zoe asks.

"No, not today. She is with Nina right now." Frank says.

"Charles, Zoe Thalia it's good to see you. Let's get down to business." Reyna says. Ugh, she used my full name.

"So, we know that the kid Zoe and I are supposed to find is special but, do we have any more information about him or her?" I ask

"We know it's a boy. His name is Axel. We also have some details about his parentage." Frank says.

"You do?" Zoe asks.

"You may recognize the name. His mother is Rachael Dare our oracle and his father is a mortal. The family was moved to another location by Chiron after the child was born. Axel is this generation's oracle. We aren't sure if the process has been completed. Rachael said she would tell you when you got there." Reyna says. Me and Zoe's jaws dropped.

"You know this woman? So you know she broke the Oracle rules?" Kyle asks.

"She is a close friend of our parents. We haven't seen her in a very long time, and it wasn't her fault," I say clenching my jaw. "She was in love." This kid was really getting on my nerves.

"Axel has chesnut brown hair and amber eyes (AN: Look up a picture they are gorgeous). He's pretty tall and is around 14 years old." Frank says.

"He sounds hot to me." Zoe says leaning back in her chair.

"Zoe, not now." I say.

"What? I can't say a guy is hot just because my brother is in the room?" Zoe argues.

"Yes, now be quiet. Please." I say cringing. I really do not need to hear about who my little sister thinks is hot.

"Fine." She says rolling her eyes.

"Anyway," Reyna says clearing her throat. "You will leave for the quest tomorrow. Kyle will be joining you since three people is standard for a quest."

"Fantastic." I say clenching my jaw again.

"Where exactly are we headed?" Zoe asked.

"Canada." Kyle said cutting in.

"Yes, I've always wanted to go there." Zoe said excitedly.

"Ya, okay, great, awesome. I'll see you in the morning. We'll leave at eight." I say walking out before Kyle could annoy me some more.

Once I got back to the room where I was staying in I called Meredith.

"Hey Charlie." Meredith said answering.

"Hey." I said sighing and lying back on the bed.

"What's up with you?" She said.

"Zoe has a crush on the jerk who is coming on the quest with us." I say.

"How do you know she has a crush?" She asked.

"She giggles and smiles when he's around." I say like it's obvious.

"Is he cute?" Meredith asks.

"Are you really asking me that?" I ask.

"Maybe..." She giggles.

"Anyway. What's going on with you?" I ask.

"Um-N-Not much really." Meredith says like she has a secret.

"What is it? Come on, you can tell me anything." I say.

"I'm going out with a boy tonight." Meredith says quickly. Then, there's dead silence.

"Oh, Th-that's...Who with?" I ask trying to ignore the stabbing feeling in my heart.

"His name is Alex. He goes to my school." She said quietly.

"Well, I guess I'll have to meet him when I get back." I say.

"Look, Charlie.."

"I have to go. Bye Meredith."

Poor Charlie, 😕 anyway....Hey guys, I hope you liked the chapter even with the sad Marley part. It will get better soon I promise!!! Don't hate me yet! Please comment and vote and continue to spread the word about both of our stories. Love you guys!! ❤️❤️