Ch. 2: Promise

Meredith's POV:

"Guys let's go down to the beach." Charlie said with that glint in his eyes. Of course he would suggest the beach, he practically lived there in the summer.

"Sounds good to me," I said. "lets go get our suits on."

"Okay we'll all meet there in like what 10 minutes?" RJ asked.

"Sure." Ellie said. Me and Ellie headed to my cabin because it was more private. She grabbed her suit and then walked over.

"Soooooo..." Ellie said as she sat on my bed.

"Soooooooooooo..... what?" I said going into my closet to find my new bikini.

"What's going on with you and Charlie?" She asked looking all boy crazy.

"Nothing is going on between me and Charlie. He's my best friend and that's it." I said trying to sound casual and not like I had a crazy school girl crush.

"Oh please, Meredith, come on, you are both so utterly in love with each other." She said falling back on the bed for dramatic effect.

"I don't know, we'll just see how this summer goes," I said pulling my hair out of my ponytail and brushing the tangles out. " Hey what is going on with you and my brother."

"I'm not really sure. I kinda like him but I'm not sure I wanna date. I just kinda like being friends," She laughed. "I know it sounds complicated."

"No I completely understand. Besides, I'm glad you don't plan on dating my brother," I laughed with her while quickly braiding her hair. "Anyway, come on. The boys are probably waiting," I said as we both headed to the beach.

When we got to the beach RJ and Charlie were having a water fight, Charlie was obviously winning.

"Wow, we make a big entrance and everything and you guys miss it." Ellie says being her sassy self. The boys turn and look at us. I look at Charlie and almost melt. He was perfect, those sea green eyes and blonde hair. The fact he was 13 but already had better muscles then some 17 year old's (including a slight six pack.)

"Mere, you okay?" Ellie said snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"What, ya, I'm fine" I said coming back to reality. "Just...tired."

"Ok sure..." She teased as we walked towards the water.

"I-but-um"

"Ya ya whatever come on let's just swim." She dove right in. I soon followed.

"Hello ladies." RJ said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Hey guys." Suddenly two arms grabbed me around the waist and pulled me under water. I panicked for a second before a bubble surrounded me.

"Charlie, I told you not to do that anymore." I said trying to hide my smile.

"I know but look." he said. I finally took a look around, we were on the sea floor. It was beautiful.

"Here" He took both my hands and we started to walk along the sea floor, until we arrived at the cave. Our cave. That is at least what I like to call it. It was the one we found when we were ten.

We sat down on a rock and sat together in silence for awhile. Finally I broke the silence saying,

"Hey Charlie can you promise me something?" I asked once we were sitting in the cave.

"Of course." He said.

"Promise me this summer we'll have no quests. We can just hang out the whole summer. And this year you can be here for my birthday in July." I said taking his hand. Since Charlie and I turned 10 we had quests or 'jobs' to do every summer, and we are almost never together on my birthday. He looked at me for awhile before taking my other hand and saying,

"I promise."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and enveloped him in a huge hug.

"Your the best Charlie." I said. "I can't wait for this summer."

"Me too,"