Ch. 15: Happy Birthday! Part 2

Meredith's POV:

Once we got back to shore and put the kayaks back we headed to the dining hall. I sat at the table with Tristan who just continued to stare at his food.

"I'm proud of you." i say. Tristan looks up confused.

"What do you mean? I cheated on a girl. I didn't exactly do anything great." He said.

"I'm proud of you because you changed. Even though we haven't talked much I know you are becoming a better person then you were a couple weeks ago."

"Thanks sis. By the way here is your present." He says handing me a box. I open it to find a dress?

"You bought me a dress." I laugh.

"Grandma helped and she said it was perfect for you to wear to the dance." he says. I looked at the dress, it was beautiful. It was a dark forest green dress with spaggetti straps. It was plan and simple but perfect at the same time.

"Thank you." I say. Hayley comes to the table.

"Meredith there's an Iris Message waiting for you in chiron's office."she says.

"Okay." I say smiling at tristan then heading for Chiron's office. I walked into the room to see Chiron talking to Zoe. I smiled at her and Chiron. Chiron nodded his head at me then walked outside.

"Happy Birthday!" Zoe says.

"Thank you." I smile.

"Well I'll leave you to talk to Charlie." She says before leaving the picture. Charlie soon appears in front of me.

" Hey birthday girl." He says.

"Hey Charlie." I say.

"How has your birthday been going so far?" He asks.

"Good, Better once you get home." I say. His smile falls.

"Actually Mere I don't think we're gonna make it home today." He says. I try to hold back tears.

"Oh" i say quietly.

' I'm so sorry Mere. I thought we were gonna make it. Hey, at least you'll have Alex." He says gritting his teeth.

"Seriously Charlie. You want me to pretend that having Alex with me on my birthday is even as close to having my best friend with me." I say.

"No i just thought it would help." He says sighing.

"Listen I promise-"

"I don't want any more promises Charlie. I just want you. Good luck on your quest. I hope you make it home by Christmas." I say then swipe my hand through the image.

I finally let the tears fall. I pass Chiron on my way out.

"Thanks Chiron." I say quietly walking out the door.

I walk strait to the Zeus and sit down on the bed. I put my hand on the old stone Charlie gave me when we were ten. I just sit there for awhile and let it all out.

It's official I was a mess.

RJ's POV:

"Okay go get her and bring her. We are ready. Oh my gods, she is going to be so surprised." Ellie said shooing me out the doors of the bunker to go get Meredith.

I walked to the Zeus cabin and opened the door, smiling wide. My smile fell when I saw one of my best friends crying on her bunk.

"Mere" I say softly walking towards her. I sit down next to her and wrap my arm around her shoulder. She leaned against me.

"What happened?" I asked her although I was pretty sure I knew the answer.

"Ch-charlie isn't coming back." She cried.

"I'm sorry Mere. I think I have something that will cheer you up." I say. She lifts her head.

"Im not in the mood."

"It will be fancy," I tempt her.

"Okay, do I need to change?" She asks.

"No I think you look beautiful," I smile handing her a box of tissues.

"Thanks. " She said sheepishly.

Meredith was wearing a simple white sundress with her hair in a pony tail. Her eyes were still red and puffy but she wasn't crying.

"Alright I'm ready."

"Perfect. Let's go." I say grabbing her hand and leading her to the bunker.

"Wait, you said we were doing something fancy...what are we doing going to the bunker?" She asked giving me a look.

Oh crap.

"We aren't I just left my phone there earlier and I need to grab it before we go." I said. Saved it.

"Oh okay." she says.

As we arrived at the bunker i opened the door before Meredith, double-checking that it was ready.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yep let's go in." I say leading her in.  The lights weren't off like the cliche scene but, we did keep one cliche though.

"SURPRISE!!!!!"

Meredith jumped back and the biggest smile spread on her face. She looked up to see the banner and confetti I had rigged to pop out when we arrived. Ellie and Ginger came forward with a tiara in hand.

"For the birthday girl!" Ellie said happily placing it on Mere's head.

"Thank you." Meredith smiled.

"Did you guys do all of this?" Mere says sounding amazed.

"Yes, we figured with everything  going on you could use a nice surprise." Ginger says.

"You guys are too sweet," she gushed.

"Okay now first things first...." Ellie said jumping up. "Presents!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meredith's POV:

After opening endless bags and boxes I was tired.

RJ and Ellie had gotten me a scrap book of photos of us.

Ginger had gotten me a pair of ruby earings, my birthstone.

Hunter got me a necklace made of some naturey things.

And Zoe got me a picture frame of us and a box of chocolate.

"Okay please tell me that's it, I can't open anymore." I groan.

"Actually, one more." Ellie says. RJ comes back with a small rectangular box.

"Who's it from?" I ask.

"Charlie gave it to me to give to you incase he didn't make it back in time." RJ said handing it to me. The card on the front said:

Dear Mere,

Just Something as beautiful as you ;)

-Charlie

I smiled at his cheesy card and opened the box. I gasped. It was a charm bracelet. It had four charms; a heart, a dagger (I chuckled at that one), a seashell, and a lily (my favorite flower)

"It's beautiful." I said.

"Press the dagger."Ellie said. I did and it turned into a sword.

"Charlie was gonna have it be a dagger but he knew your prefer the one you have. He thought a sword would be a good back up weapon." RJ said.

"It's perfect." I say.

"alright there is only one thing left to do." Ellie says.

"What?"

"Cake!"

Hey guys, I am so sorry I haven't updated in a really long time. The summer has been busy. I promise more updates will be coming soon. Please comment and vote!! Love you guys ❤️ Ps if you have ideas for this story PLEASE COMMENT!!!! Thanks :)