Epilogue

Death.

He's not that bad looking, if you really look at him. He's actually really attractive, beautiful even. He's also a really good kisser. Ever heard of the kiss of death? It sounds really bad but I can say first hand it's actually really freaking nice.

His lips were cold and soft and I felt like I was floating on cloud nine. They tasted like sweet vanilla and even though I'd kissed him many times before a brand new thought popped into my head.

How many other girls has he kissed like this? I felt a sliver of disgust in my throat as I tried to not let my sudden tenseness show in my kiss but of course Thanatos noticed and instantly pulled away.

"What's wrong?" He asked me and I bit my lip looking at him.

I knew relationships with gods never lasted and I could only guess that relationships with the god of death lasted even shorter than with regular gods. Still he'd been with me for a couple months now and I couldn't help but hope that he was going to stay with me for a much longer time.

"Nothing" I said but he shook his head.

"Lil, I know something's up" He said and once again I shook my head.

"Nothings wrong. No need to worry" I said as confident as I could but it wasn't enough to convince him.

He looked at me quizzically and I gave him a smile.

"Something bothered you. I could tell you shied away from me a bit" he said and I shook my head.

"I'm fine really" I insisted and he stared into my eyes as if conveying a silent message.

"Are you scared?" he asked me and I scoffed.

"Of you? Please, don't flatter yourself" I smirked but his expression didn't change.

"I mean of us, of this" He said and I shook my head.

"No.... I mean a little I suppose. I'm just scared you're going to leave me or something" I said honestly.

I was a little worried, there were obviously prettier, smarter, nicer, and better girls out there that would love to wrap their little claws around him and I was surprised he had wasted anytime at all on me.

"You think I'd leave you?" he asked me with a slightness of anger in his soft voice. I nodded slowly and he leaned into me pressing his lips softly against mine.

"I'm never leaving you Lillian, so don't you ever be afraid of that" He whispered and I felt a little bit of security from his words.

Yet I still knew in my heart that eventually he was going to.

"You will eventually" I whispered and Thanatos stared into my eyes.

"Not if you let me make you my bride" he whispered and my eyes widened in shock.

Did he just propose to me?

I was so shocked I found myself stumbling over my words not sure what to say, how to say it.

"Uh bride?" I said only able to form the two words.

Thanatos offered me one of his beautiful smiles and I felt my heart beat quicken.

"Like marry you?" I said and he nodded.

I bit my lip thinking about it. Then, I furrowed my eyebrows realizing the very huge, gaping hole in the plan.

"But you are immortal, and I'm.... You know mortal" I said hearing the own dissapointment in my voice.

"I know, listen, about that. I would have to take your soul. You'd have to be dead to be my wife" he said and my eyes widened even farther, my skin froze and goosebumps rose up and down my arms.