Chapter 15 [The Grand Reveal(s)]

Quick thing before chapter! If you haven't read the Authors note on the chapter before I would really appreciate it if you did!

Now without further ado
---------------------------------------

A look of confusion was painted across my face as I looked at Bethany.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

She smiled at me deviously.

"I know something about little Miss. Perfect Jackson" Bethany said proudly and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What do you know about her?" I asked her curiosity starting to grow.

Bethany's smile widened.

"Let's just say that Elise has been hiding a very big secret from the camp" Bethany said laughing to herself. I stopped myself for a second and studied Bethany. I was seeing a different side of her her eyes looked darker like she was seeking revenge. I kind of liked this side of her more. The side that had a back bone, that didn't let people walk over her and wasn't going to stand for it any longer.

"Tell me" I said and she smiled waving for me to lean in. I did and she leaned into my ear.

"She tried to commit last summer, when she ran away" Bethany whispered and I froze where I was standing.

My eyes were wide and I looked at her for confirmation.

"Are you sure?" I asked and she nodded.

"I heard her, Will, and Chiron talking about it last summer when Will brought her back" She said to me smile brighter and wider than before. I couldn't quite describe what emotion was behind her smile but it gave me an uneasy feeling looking at her. My thoughts quickly turned away from her when her words clicked in my mind.

Elise had tried to kill herself.

That made my blood boil. Her life was perfect she had such supporting friends, a brother who loves her, parents whom she's both met, and she has practically every guy begging for a chance with her. She was so spoiled she didn't even see how amazing her life is. Instead she probably hadn't gotten enough attention for running away so she thought a suicide scare would get her what she wanted. It was low even for Elise, there are actual people out there suffering and here she was making up problems and making her own drama to entertain her.

"That's disgusting" I said shaking my head.

"Almost would've been better if she had succeeded" Bethany muttered under her breath. I looked at her not quite hearing what she had just said.

"What?" I asked and she looked at me and shook her head smiling.

"Oh nothing Lillian, I was just saying how revolting it is that she's playing the victim" Bethany said. I nodded but her answer didn't sit well. I knew that wasn't what she had said but I couldn't quite comprehend what she had said.

"Lillian, we need to tell the camp" She said and I looked at her.

"But wouldn't that only give Elise even more attention?" I asked her seeing the flaw in her plan.

Bethany shook her head.

"No, what we have to reveal is that she was only threatening to do it for attention and then the camp will give her negative attention" Bethany said to me and I understood.

"So she'll understand what you went through" I said and Bethany nodded.

"It's only fair that bitch gets the same humiliation I did. I was shamed all around camp, Henry didn't call me, Nico refused to even acknowledge me as a human, and my own mother sided with Elise through out everything" Bethany said tears of anger forming in her eyes. She looked at me and I really felt bad for her.