Chapter 27 (And the Mother is...)

I stared up at Nico feeling the pink start to form on my cheeks.

Then I remembered my predicament and I busted into sobs once more.

"Hey, hey what's wrong?" Nico asked me crouching down in front of me. He reached his hand out and pushed the hair away from my face.

"Why are you crying?" He asked me concerned. He looked between my eyes his hands resting on either side of my face.

"Cause the worlds a bitch" I said simply and Nico nodded.

Then he stood up and offered me a hand. I accepted it and as soon as I was back on two feet he pulled me into his chest.

"I know that, but what about that has got you crying this late at night?" Nico asked me.

"I lost all of my best friends. Leo, Lyssa, Aaron, and Elise, they're all gone" I sniffled and Nico squeezed me a little tighter.

"I'm still here Lily" he whispered and I felt my heart flutter, suddenly forgetting why I had been so upset.

I then realized the proximity of Nico and I, we were touching, a lot. My face was buried in his chest, that from the feel of it was very nicely sculpted.

"I'll walk you back to your cabin" Nico whispered after a little while longer and I quickly shook my head.

"No, not there please" I begged him and he didn't question me instead he just nodded.

"Should I take you to the infirmary?" He asked and I shook my head again.

"I can't stand the thought of being there alone, it's creepy and I don't want to be alone right now" I said my voice so fragile and high that I knew it was the weakest I had ever been in my life.

"I'll stay with you if you want" Nico said softly and I stared into his dark eyes.

They were deep, mysterious, and almost scary, but there was also a bit of compassion mixed in. In fact, the longer I stared into his eyes the warmer they became, the more inviting they were.

"Thank you" I said simply, after realizing I had spent a lot of time staring into his eyes and not a quite but speaking.

He offered me a small smile and nodded.

"Anything for you Lily" he said and my heart jumped in my chest.

Nico then grabbed my hand and led my down the rest of the path before we reached the connecting path to the infirmary. From there he didn't drop my hand, instead he gave me comforting squeezes and even occasionally traced circles with his thumb on it. My problems were starting to grow smaller and smaller the longer I was with Nico, with him, I felt safe. With him, I was happy.

With him, I didn't need anyone else.

A small feeling in my stomach kept telling me that maybe I had a chance with this incredibly attractive son of Hades. Maybe, just maybe, he felt the same way I did.

Unfortunately an even bigger feeling in my brain was telling me

DON'T BE AN IDIOT!!!

So I didn't to long on those thoughts not wanting to ruin the butterflies.

It was only a couple minutes walking to the infirmary, but every minute with Nico either felt like a lifetime or a second. This time, it was a second. So, before long, we had reached the doors to the infirmary and Nico was pulling me towards the new wing. It seemed like in only an instant was I back in the same room I slept in the last time I was here.

"I'll stay with you as long as you'd like" Nico said and I gave him a grateful smile.

"Thank you Nico" I said once again and he waved it off.