chapter 31

Brooklyn's ring and song that plays while the tragic moment was settled

×××
I looked down at my ring as we sat at a tables where our name tags were placed.
Elijah was blabbering on with his friends while I sat looking at my hand.
Even if he had gotten me a ring made of led I would have still loved it.
There was a tap on my shoulder and as I looked up, Elijah stood there with an award winning smile holding his hand out.

"May I have this dance, my darling fiance?" He asked making me giggle.
"Why yes" I answered smiling up at him.
He pulled me out of my chair and took me to the dance floor where couples danced their way around the dance floor.
The slow song played as we glided across the centre floor looking into each others eyes.
We danced like that for hours even if a fast song came on we just slow danced.
After hours of dancing and my nagging we sat down, me of course exhausted and Elijah half asleep.
I smiled and whispered near his ear "let's skip this whole thing and go to McDonald's" as those words left my mouth he was up and out the building in seconds.

He hugged me and twirled me around once we were outside.
I giggled at his sudden excitement
We walked hand in hand before i felt something touch my arm.
I looked to my left where i felt it but it wasn't there.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Elijah asked with worry filled in his eyes.

"N-nothing " I stuttered, the fear still in me.

I could see from Elijah's expression that he didn't believe but he let it go.

We continued to walk towards the car but then something touched my waist, I jumped a little but didn't to anything.
Then it touched my back.

It went down to my lower back and it reached my waist staying there, this time I jumped and started walking faster.
"Why are you walking so fast?" Elijah asked

I looked at him and saw happiness all over his face, I couldn't ruin it so I lied.

"I'm starving slow poke, I need my food" I said fake laughing as I pushed further to the car.

I saw the car in the distance and Elijah had to let go of my hand to take the car keys out of his pockets realizing he left it in the hall.

" I'll be back real quick" he said
I smiled and nodded but inside I wanted him to stay.
He ran back inside to grab his keys.

I looked around outside the cold breeze making me shiver.
There stood no one but myself and the wind.
I was afraid and very alert.
The bushes started to rustle and I started to shake from fear.

"W-who's there?" I asked my voice shaky.
I walked closer and closer to see who stood there.

"BOO" he yelled.
My body shook from the sudden shock as I looked at him in disbelief.

"Elijah what the hell!" I yelled fury held in my eyes.
I saw his eyes change from a joking way to a worried one.

"Brook, I didn't mean to scare you, I swear I thought it was just for fun" he said as he walked closer to me and held me closer.

"It's okay" I said looking up at him.

"So that was you?" I asked with relief in my body.

"Me?" He asked confused

"Yeah, you were touching me to make me scared right?" I asked the fear back into my body.

"No" he said seriously this time anger and worry settling in his eyes and a stiff stance which his body held.

"Let's go... NOW!" He said and we speeded down the walkway.
Just before we reached the car something grabbed me.

"Elijah!!" I yelled as he looked back at me and ran.