Chapter 28

Our kiss was slow and steady, a kind of sweet kiss that made me forget about Elijah, forget about everything around me, I know that it was my first time meeting Mason not even a day but truly , I couldn't see why not? Elijah is a cheating bastard and I can't sit and cry about it , I've got to move on without thinking about Elijah and Mason was my ticket away from everything.

Mason made me forget, forget about all that happened ... Forget about all those that hurt me, but what if it wasn't the kiss and just something to keep my mind off of things ... But what hurt most is that I knew it was the latter...

My phone started to ring from the pile of clothing next to the pond...
We stopped as I jumped out and went towards my cellphone .

"Hello?" I questioned as I seen Elijahs name on the caller ID.

"Having fun?" He asked.

"What? Elijah what are you saying?" I was so confused.

"Look forward",he said.
As I looked forward towards the trees I saw Elijah standing there giving a sarcastic wave and smile.

"Elijah?" I questioned
Why would he follow us?

"I came to see if you were OK but I suppose you were doing just fine",he said and ended the call .

I looked at him in shock and fear ... I was in such shock that I didn't even realize Mason right next to me.

"Hey are you alright?" He asked touching my arm.

"Take me home please" I said and walked straight without a word, I went towards his car and sat inside .

Through out the ride it was quiet and awkward but I didn't care all that I could think of was Elijah.

When we arrived at my house,I jumped out without a goodbye, I just continued to walk.
I walked towards the door, towards the stairs... I ignored calls for my name from everyone and I entered my room, locked the door and sat down by my window seat.

I do not know why I'm so worried about him, about Elijah...
We aren't even on good terms yet but... But I till love him, I love him so much that it hurts.

I love everything about him, from his smile to those emerald green eyes , I just couldn't forget about him , he is the air I breath, the cause of my tears, my joy. He holds the key to my heart and that everything I see I have to compare it to Eli and it hurts me, it hurts dearly.

I hadn't realized I was crying until I felt a hand on my cheek .

"Elijah?" I questioned looking up at him, his face held genuine concern.

"Please do not cry... I hate when you cry it breaks my heart and I love you, Brook but we can not keep going on like this" he made a movement with his hands moving it between the two of us "we need to figure everything out so we can be together but only if you want to... I'll never force you... Ever" he said concern, fear and... love was held in his eyes.

"But... but what about last time, you did not seem to love me, you chose to give me away to some guy who I despised but you sacrificed me, sacrificed me to a psychopath , you broke my heart several times and expect me to just forgive you" by now I was yelling "through all the pain I've been through, all the hurt you caused upon me to the scars on my body, it was all you and now you need me to forgive you, Elijah you are mad to think that I'll ever forgive you from such vile acts you have caused upon me, the girl you supposedly love, you hurt the most" I finished my rant tears falling down my face.

"Brooklyn please don't do this, I don't want to go through this... again. Brook no matter what you say and no matter what harm or pian I have caused upon you, it was all the past and each and every time I had hurt you was not my intention neither was it planned. Have you not thought that it might hurt me too, that just once did you not realize that all the pain I have caused on you were not on purpose but acts which were forced upon me, Brooklyn, I love you and no matter how much further apart you push me, I will never leave you nor will I stop loving you and that you are my life, that you are who I am today" he finished as he held my face between his hand throughout his speech.

"Elijah... I..." I had no words what he had just said to me made me love him more if possible.

"Brooklyn. Anne. Branson please, my love, forgive me" and with that said all I could do was look deeply into his eyes which held so much passion, love that one could have held in their eyes, he showed me how to love.

Through out our journey he taught me that not loving oneself is useless that even if the world rains upon you, you should always stand tall show everyone that no matter what they say or do nothing matters but your own opinion that I'd you have no self-confidence you'll never succeed and when there's no one to love you there's always someone at the next stop even if it's a million stops away you'll always find love, be it 2 Mikes away or 1000 miles love will always prevail.

"Elijah, you have opened up feeling that I had though we're lost, you are the light of my life and to that.. I forgive you"

I smiled as he looked at me and grabbed me into a bone crushing hug and he kept on ranting " thank you" and "I'll never let you go"

He made me smile even wider at his childish ways and that no matter what he held my heart with delicacy...