U:- Understand

collab with ri aka Jiley_Obsessed thank you so much for all your help😏
hope you enjoy!!

Riley's POV

Enjoy your night baby." I say smiling slightly at James who is on the screen in front of me.

"I'd rather be with you." He mutters.

I sigh. Being in a long distance relationship was hard. We barely saw each other and the only time we spoke was on FaceTime.

"I know honey, but I have to work remember and he's one of your best friends." I reply.

"Since when do offices need to work this late?" He asks.

"James it's different here, the work standards are different." I say, causing him to sigh. "Don't worry about me I'm fine."

Lies.

"Now go have fun." I tell him, forcing a smile on my face.

He thinks about it for a second before nodding. "Okay, I'll try babe.

It was silent for a moment. But it wasn't the comfortable silence that there usually was. It was kind of an awkward one. It was like he knew that I was hiding something from him.

"Do you need to go and get ready for work? I wouldn't want to make you late." He asks, finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I think that would be a good idea." I reply

"Well I'll let you go then." He says.

"Okay. Speak to you soon. B-"

"Wait Riley."

"What?" I ask, getting impatient. I really needed to get ready for work, otherwise I would be late. If I was late then I would be fired and I didn't want to lose the only job I had managed to get here.

"I can't wait to see you, like in person rather than through a screen. " He says, his infamous goofy smirk on his face.

"Yeah, me too."

"I'll let you go for real this time." He chuckles.

"Okay. Bye for real this time."

"Love you babe."

"I love you too James."

Then the screen went blank, meaning he had ended the FaceTime.

I sigh and climb off my bed, walking to where my work clothes were. As I changed, a smile appeared on my face as I remembered that in 2 months I would be going back home. I was excited to see all my family and friends again, but I was more excited to see James. I couldn't wait to see him.

Little did I know that I would be seeing him sooner than expected....

James's POV

"Where you speaking to her again?" West asks, after I had finished my Facetime with Riley.

"Yeah, she's still my girlfriend. Even if she lives in a different country. If anyone can make this long distance relationship work, its us." I reply

"Doesn't mean you have to speak to her everyday." Eldon tells me.

I rolled my eyes. "Let me just remind you that you're still single."

He didn't reply. I laughed to myself. That shut him up.

"Is it just me or is Riley acting really strange lately?" Hunter asks.

"How is she acting strange?" I snap.