F:- Forbidden

Riley's POV

We were on a break from Elite rehearsals, so I went outside to get some fresh air. I opened the door and saw a boy about my age standing there. He looked startled when he saw me. I thought I recognised him but I wasn't too sure. I was a bit confused about why he was standing here, but then it came to me...

"Are you spying?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"No... no.." He stuttered, looking up at me.

I smirked, knowing that he was lying.

I stared at him for a bit. He was quite good-looking and I knew that I had seen him somewhere before.

"You're from The Next Step aren't you?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Yeah.." He replied, smiling back.

"I saw you at Nationals.. You were pretty good.. I... um... I mean.. the team... the team.. were pretty good." I stuttered. This was new, and strange. I was getting nervous around him. I had never been nervous around guys before. Why around this one? What was so special about him?

He smirked. "Thank you, you were good too. I suppose. For being on Elite."

"So if you're not spying, then what are you doing?" I smirked back.

"Erm... just checking out the competition for InterNationals.. Since you guys are competing against us." He told me.

"Oh so you are spying..." I replied, with an evil grin.

"Pretty much yeah." He laughed. "Don't tell anyone though, I kinda really really really want to get on the InterNationals team."

"I won't, because then I won't be able to beat you." I giggled, hitting his arm lightly.

Wait.. Why was I flirting with him? I barely knew him.

"Actually we're going to beat you so, prepare to lose."

He was flirting back. And I kinda liked it.

"Breaks over!" I heard Lucien shout.

I sighed sadly. I was enjoying speaking to James.

"Guess I better go then, I've got rehearsals as well. My spying is done." He laughed.

"Will I ever see you again?" I asked.

"At the competition." He chuckled. "But I don't think we should see each other again. Both of our teams wouldn't be happy if they found out, we spoke. It was nice speaking to you though."

He began to walk away but I stopped him.

"I'm Riley." I said, putting my hand out.

"James." He shook my hand, before smiling at me and then walking away.

I didn't want to admit it but I kind of liked him. He wasn't like any of the guys from Elite- they were all so full of themselves- but James was different. He seemed like a nice guy and I wanted to get to know him more. But I knew that couldn't happen and I felt disappointed that I couldn't speak to him again. I sighed again loudly, as I walked back into the studio.

A few days later, rehearsals had finished and I was looking forward to going home. But when I walked out James was standing there, a huge smirk on his face.

"I thought you said that we shouldn't speak again? Are you spying again?" I asked, smirking back at him.

"I couldn't stay away. I kinda like talking to you. And no I'm not spying. I came here to see you. " He told me and I blushed.