29: Puzzle Pieces

I open my eyes to see I was in a...hospital room?

Someone was sitting on the foot of my bed. I slowly reach my hand to my head and when I touch it a surge of pain shoots through me, making me groan.

The guy sitting on my bed turns around and smiles. "Cadence!" He beams. I smile as he pulls me into a hug, "You're okay!" He smiles.

"I'm okay!" I smile.

Shawn's P.O.V

I scrub my face with a washcloth, trying to make my wounds disappear. If my mom saw them she would freak. I look at myself in the mirror, they weren't gone. I sigh and walk out of my washroom into my room. I continue to clean my room, well clean what I can; the hole in my room still remained. When I finally finished fixing my bed, I sit on it, looking at the S.M box. My palms began to sweat as I gingerly pick it up.

I wasn't sure why I was so nervous but I felt like this box meant something big in my life. Maybe it could explain something about Cadence? No Shawn don't expect anything big, don't want to get disappointed.

Taking a deep breathe I peel off the tape from where I left it. Closing my eyes tightly I open the box. I pull an object out and open my eyes. A hockey puck?

I observe the object the widen my eyes, The district championships! I scored the winning goal!

I smile and set it down. Then I pull out a camera. I suddenly remember filming videos of me singing. My head starts pounding as flashbacks of me playing guitar in front of a camera. This doesn't make sense I thought Cadence taught me how to play? How did I play before?

My head pounding I pull out another object. A pass to m-magcon? My breathing increases as my head continues to pound like a drum. I touch my head with my hand and an image comes to mind, me playing guitar, on stage, in front of a crowd, Matthew, Nash, Hayes, Cameron, the Jacks, Carter, Taylor, Aaron, Cadence...she was there!

Quickly, I run over and plug in my computer, which has been unplugged for a long time. I google my name and plenty of stuff pops up. My breathing is out of hand as I see my face all over the internet. I'm a singer/songwriter? I have a YouTube account! I walk back to the box and pull out more items each one bringing memories. Fan art, photos of me with my family, a magcon shirt, I start to panic and pull out another picture frame. The glass covering was cracked, which explained the smash I heard when the box fell. It's of me, and Cadence. My eyes widen, and my breathing suddenly goes shallow and quiet.

She's smiling as well as me, my arm is around her and she wore a red magcon sweater. I think about her on the ground at school when Carter and Jack were beating her up. I gasp as flash backs fill my mind.

*
I look at her as she smiles at me, I couldn't help but smile at the fact that she was wearing my sweater, I hold her closer to me as we continue to watch Finding Nemo. She rests her head on my chest as I close my eyes happily.

*

I feel my hat leave my head where I turn around to see a pretty brunette wearing it on her head smiling.

"Hey Cadence." I laugh and reach for my hat but she ducks, "Hi Shawny bear." She sticks out her tongue and smiles playfully.