21: Cadences Confidence

Shawn's P.O.V

I did it. I actually did it! I kissed her!

The ride back home was quiet and awkward. I would always glance at Cadence to see she was staring out the window, obviously thinking. I frown slightly, was that a bad idea, to kiss her?

I look over at her and sigh quietly. She looks over at me into my brown eyes. I look into her blue ones and I see something I haven't seen in her eyes. A spark of hope and happiness. I grin and she swipes a piece of hair behind her ear, making me smile more. That's cute.

I pull up to her house and park. "Here we are," I say looking at her house.

"Thanks," she says, "I had fun."

"Me too," I say with a grin. She hops out of my car and starts walking to the door. I watch her leave and look down at my bag.

Oh shoot!

Cadences P.O.V

I exit Shawn's mustang and start walking up to my house, hands in my pockets. Just when I was about to enter my house I hear Shawn whisper-shout my name. I turn around to see him running over to me with his hand behind his back.

He pulls out his hand and takes out a stuffed animal Red panda. My eyes widen and he hands it to me with a grin. I smile and take it out of his hand.

"Thanks Shawn," I say, taking out the stuffed animal Penguin I bought for him, "for everything."

He smiles, takes the penguin, then wraps me into another hug. I take a deep breathe of his cologne and close my eyes.

"I miss you," I whisper inaudible.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he says and we pull away. I watch him leave before walking inside.

I walk up to my bedroom in silence, knowing my mom was probably sleeping. I close the door behind me in my room and lean against it. I take a deep breathe, one I've been holding in all night. That's when I caved. I slide down against the door, hugging my knees. Tears escape my eyes and I sniffle, whimpering quietly in the dark. I look up and the first thing I see is the S.M box. I swipe my tears and walk over. I pick up the box, put it on my lap and open it. I look through a few of the contents. His camera, fan art, pictures, guitar picks, magcon pass, his old baseball hat. A picture catches my eye. Taking out my phone for light, I pick up the picture and look at it. It was of Shawn and I hugging. I remember that day perfectly, I was fourteen and he was fifteen. I smile remember those days. Another tear escapes my eye and lands on the picture. I look at Shawn and I's smiles in the picture. We were both so happy, now look at us...

I missed first class, but for a good reason.

I drove down to Shawn's house after I knew for a fact that Shawn was gone. I got out with the S.M box in my hands, trying to stay calm. I rang the doorbell, hoping some one would answer, and Shawn's mom did.

"Hello sweetie," she answered.

"Hey Mrs.Mendes, I have this," I replied, gesturing to the box, "I felt the need to return it."

I remember Mrs.Mendes taking the box out of my hands, asking if I was okay.

I answered, "Ya I just can't-" then she noticed the tears in my eyes. She took me inside and made me a hot chocolate, cheering me up.

I returned the S.M box, I couldn't handle the stress anymore.

"Cadence!" I'm knocked out of my thoughts when I see Grace running over to me. "Are you on the talent show committee?"