05: Fight or Flight

I wake up when I feel someone gently shaking me.
"Cadence," I hear Matt's morning voice whisper. I stubbornly pull the blanket over my head groaning. "Cadence, we're gonna smack cam Taylor," Matthew whispers shaking me again. My eyes shoot open.
"Hold on let me get my phone!" I yell-whisper. I quietly get up, grab my phone, and follow the guys as most of us circle Taylor. A few other guys, and Emily, find some where to hide, knowing that Taylor will be pissed.

I pull out my phone and record a vine. Cameron bravely leans over Taylor and smacks him on the cheek with a whipped-cream covered hand. The white delicacy splatters everywhere as everyone retreats laughing. I run into the kitchen, The Jacks and Emily following me.
"Cameron!" Taylor shreiks, followed by Cam's girly scream. Before I knew it Taylor was chasing Cameron around the house, whipped-cream all over his face. Everyone laughs. What a great start for today.

***

"Woah woah woah wait," Matthew says holding up a Kinder Surprise, "it's a chocolate egg with a toy inside?" I nod, trying not to laugh at his stupid amazement. "AWESOME!" He exclaims then grab six of the chocolate treats. Right now we were all walking in the mall, a few of the guys left to get me a birthday present while the rest gave me money.

"Starbucks!" Connor gasps and walks into the store, Ricky following, leaving Emily, the Jacks, Cam, Matt and I.

"So after this we're going to Dave and Busters?" Cameron asks, I nod. "Yes!" He shouts enthusiastically, throwing his fist in the air. Excitement boils inside me as we reach the cafeteria. The rest of us were already there, hence the fact this is where we planned to meet.

"Ready to go?" Aaron asks with a grin. I nod at him as we all exit the mall.

***

As we walk into Dave and Busters, the music was pulsing and the mood of the room was intense and exciting. "This place is awesome!" Carter exclaims.

"I know right?" Emily states, "now let's get some food."

"FOOD!" Matthew shouts, grabbing my hand and leading me through the crowd to a large table where we all sit. We all order a bunch of floats and large platter which consists of dry ribs, deep fried perogis, mozza sticks, chicken wings, pizza bread, nachos and fries. Along with plenty of dips. We talk and catch up with each others lives. We talk about everything, from L.A to how Curious George doesn't have a tail. Everything but Shawn. I realize that his name hasn't come up in any of our conversations. As if they're trying to avoid talking about him.

When we're finished eating and we've paid (We as in everyone but me cause it's my birthday, even though I protested,) I spot an air hockey table and I instantly run over along with Emily. "We challenge you two to an air hockey match!" Emily exclaims, pointing at the Jacks.

"Bring it!" Johnson smirks following us over. We both take our sides, turn on the table and throw on a puck.

After a good five minutes of playing the score was tied 6-6. I hit the plastic puck over scoring another goal, "Yes!" I cheer. After a few more minutes of playing, we win by two points. "Oh ya in your faces!"

"I declare a rematch!" Gilinsky shouts.

"I second that notion," Johnson concures.

I roll my eyes teasingly, "Suck it up buttercup, it ain't gonna happen." I turn to Emily holding up my hand for a high five. "Don't leave me hanging Em," I urge, then realize somethings wrong. I follow her blank gaze to see she was staring at Cody, who was making out with some random chick. "Hey don't worry Em," I whisper.

"I'm not," she says back, "I just can't believe him." She says then walks up to Jack G. Jack J gives me a look of confusion. That's when I remember that neither of the Jacks met Cody, none of the guys have but Shawn. I mouth out, 'I'll tell you later,' then he nods. I find myself scanning the rest of the crowd, looking for a few familiar faces. I managed to find Jack and Carter, Great.

"Emily!" I hear Cody call as he makes his way over to her. Oh no... Jack and Carter follow behind him, whispering to each other. When they see me they both smirk slyly. Oh no no no... "Hey there ba-"

"What do you want Cody," Emily cuts him off, "do I really need to get a restraining order? I thought I told you to leave me alone!"

"Calm down," he says and attempts to stroke her cheek, but Emily slaps his hand away.

"Cody, what the hell!" She shouts, glaring at him.

I roll my eyes and walk over to Emily's side, "Get lost Cody."

"Go find Shawn, Cadence," Carter snickers. I narrow my eyes.

"What's going on over here?" Gilinsky asks.

Cody looks at him and instantly glares, "This is the jerk that stole you from me?" Emily and Jack stare at him. Emily was more of a glare, Jack was more shocked and confused. Cody starts laughing, "You like him?"

"Unlike you he has a heart," Emily snaps, "and he loves me."

"Unbelievable Emily," Cody scoffs, "I never knew you were a dumb blonde."

"Hey," Jack speaks up, "I don't know who you are but you have no right to talk to my girlfriend like that."

"Why's that?" Cody challenges, "she's my ex, I can treat her however I want."

"Well," Jack starts, "I guess it's obvious she chose me over you for a reason."

Cody snapped right there and threw a punch at Jack G's face. "Woah woah woah," Cameron buds in, standing between the two guys, "no!"

"Bring it on pretty boy," Carter S. says, grabbing him.

"Guys stop!" I shout at them when Johnson and Jack E start tackling. Gilinsky and Cody start throwing more punches causing a crowd to form around them. Cameron, Johnson, Jack E and Carter S split up as Gilinsky and Cody wrestle on the floor.

"Cody stop!" Emily pleads.

Suddenly Matt comes over with two security guards. They start splitting them up as Matt stands by me. When they get Cody away from Jack G, Emily runs over and hugs Jack. They start questioning Cody and kick him out of the building along with Jack and Carter.

"Bro, you okay?" Jc asks Jack G.

"I'm fine," he answers, wrapping his arm around Emily.

"What about you Emily?" I ask. The crow around us started to break up.

"Good," she says, "I'm so sorry Cadence, this probably ruined the night."

"No it's fine, I'm just happy everyone is here," I say truthfully, "nothing could ruin this night." I look towards the exit, "Besides if anyone should be apologizing, it's Cody."

"That's the spirit," Ricky says joyfully, "now let's hit the dance floor!"

My House by Flo Rida plays as we hit the dance floor. I sing along with Cam, Matt, Nash and Ricky. I laugh as Ricky starts twerking with Cameron, Hayes and Nash.

"♪Welcome to my house, play the music too loud, show me what you do now, we don't need to go out!" I sing along, dancing along, smiling.

Image of Dave and Busters. I've decided that Cadence is played by the girl in Shawn's music videos. DOES ANY ONE KNOW HER NAME?!?!? I've been trying to find out for forever! Anywho, so excited to get writing cause we are getting into the juicy drama stuff!😋

Thank you all for reading!
Comment your answers below:

1.What do you think of Cody?

2.Do you ship #Jemily? (Jack and Emily)

3.Miss Shawn yet?

Also please vote cause it means A LOT!!!

Thanks for your support!

Till next time

~xXShawnMattCamXx💖💋

1319 words