25: Final Touches

"What dress are you wearing?" Emily asks me as she digs through my closet.

"I didn't know I was wearing a dress," I say quietly, scrolling through my twitter feed.

"Um, of course you're wearing a dress, the show is tonight and you don't even have a dress picked out!" She shouts.

I bite my lip.

"Good thing I stopped by," she says, rolling her eyes jokingly.

"I don't know what I would do with out you," I laugh.

"Neither do I," she smiles, "this is a nice dress." She pulls out a purple dress.

I shut off my phone and stand up. She hands me the dress as I hold it up against me. I don't remember getting this dress.

"I think that's the one!" Em squeals excitedly.

"I think so too," I smile shyly.

"So do you want to go out before we head to the school?" Emily ask.

"Sure lets have a GNO," I smirk.

"Girls night out!" Emily squeals, "I'll call Grace and tell her to meet us at Tim Hortons!"

I grin and hang up my dress. Sitting back down on my bed, I look out my window. I could see the corner Shawn and I would always part ways. Sighing, I imagine us hugging there. I remember the night when he hugged me in the pouring rain, holding me close as it thundered above. "Alright, Grace is on her way-" Emily spots me looking out the window, "are you okay?"

"Yeah," I say standing up, "just some last minute jitters."

She frowns, "I know that things have been different in between you and Shawn," she says, "but you guys are friends again, which is a good thing!" I look down at my feet, thinking. "And it can be something more."

"Thanks," I say to my best friend.

"Not wanting to ruin the moment but Grace is waiting for us so we better get going," she says awkwardly.

"Ha ha okay," I agree.

The ride to Tim's was uneventful, besides Emily and I jamming out to the radio.

We walk up to the store and I stop dead in my tracks before walking inside. Sheila? Jack and Carter? Together? That can't be good...

Emily walks inside, either not seeing them or ignoring them. I also spot Grace sitting at a table with two empty chairs. We walk over and sit with her.

"Hey girls!" Grace grins, "ready to hang?"

"What else are we doing?" I ask.

"Thought we could go get our hair and nails done all special for tonight," Graces smile grows wider.

"Sounds like fun!" Em's smile matches Graces. I order my usual and sit back down at our table.

We continue to talk about tonight, and how we should have a party afterwards. I didn't contribute much to the conversation, having too many thoughts swirling around my head. I didn't know what to expect for the show tonight. I was really curious to what Shawn's song was like, what it was about. I was actually excited to hear it.

"Well I booked appointments so we should head down soon," Graces voice brings me out of my thoughts.

"Let's head down then!" Emily squeals, over-enthusiastically.

I follow them out of Tim Hortons, my gaze always leading toward Sheila. I sigh before we walk out the building.

*

The hairdresser surveys my hair, before doing what ever she wants to do.

"I'm thinking of curling her hair in some spots, what do you think sweetheart?" Stacy, her name tag read, asks me.

I simply shrug, "Doesn't matter to me." She just shrugs in response and starts brushing my hair. I look to my side as Emily gets her hair done, on my other side Grace was getting hers done as well.

Shawn's P.O.V

"Thanks for coming guys," I say politely as we walk through the mall.

"No problem, need to wear something presentable to Emcee the show," Cameron says.

"Yeah good idea," Matt says, following slightly behind us, texting. We keep walking, passing by stores. I look inside them seeing if one caught my eye. Victoria Secret, no.
Aeropostale, maybe.
Chatters, n-

"Wait is that Cadence?" I find myself asking out loud. We stop and all look inside.

"Yeah it is!" Cameron says pretty loud.

Cadence's P.O.V

"Yeah it is!" I hear Cameron's voice making me look over. I see him, Shawn and Matt, waving.

"Have a nice day," the lady at the till says.

"You too," I say and walk out. I was making the choice in my head if I wanted to walk over. Let's see, Matt and I are on awkward/bad terms, Cameron is... "Too attached", and Shawn...

I find myself walking over, it would be rude if I didn't, right?

"Nice hair," Matt comments.

"Thanks," I say, giving a grin.

"You excited for the show?" Cameron asks with a grin.

"Of course," I say trying to sound enthusiastic.

"Hey guys," Grace says as she and Emily walk over, their hair done as well.

"Hey girls," Cameron says.

"You guys getting ready for the show tonight?" Emily asks.

"Yep, trying to find something decently formal," Shawn speaks.

"Well goodluck," I say with a grin.

"We'll see you guys later tonight," Cameron says.

"Yeah, I hope we can talk sometime before the show," Matt says to me, in a serious tone.

I nod slightly as they walk by. I look down at the mall tiled floor as Cameron's hand swipes by mine, sending shivers down my spine. I glance over at them leaving and see Cam looking at me.

"I got too attached to you Cadence!" I remember back to that night. I don't understand him...

I frown and start walking.

"Cadence wait up!" Emily calls.

*

I look at my reflection in the mirror, observing my appearence. I pull tiny curled pieces of my hair and drop them. I didn't feel like myself, I didn't look like myself. My purple dress ended at my knees, my silver earrings sparkled in the lighting of my room. I needed something to make me look more like, me. In my mirror I see my jewelry box behind me. I walk over to it and open it, pausing when I see the picture of Shawn and I. I grab my braclet, the one Shawn got me at the carnival, the one with my name in it and a heart. I put it on my wrist. Looking back in the mirror I take a deep breathe.

Show time.

So I got my WATTPAD fixed!

Yay!

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote, comment and follow!

Words 1103