15: Second Thoughts

Jack G' s P.O.V

I drive over to Emily's to pick her up for school. My phone chimes., signaling I got a text. I look at my screen to see a text from Jack J.

From: Jack
Are we hanging this weekend?

To: Jack
Ya I think all of us are going out

From: Jack
Can I bring Sheila?

I think for a bit before I answer

Cadences P.O.V

As I walk home from school on Friday, I look ahead to see Shawn. I swipe a piece of my hair behind my ear, thinking about Dr.Kirby's suggestion. Letting out a breathe I run up to Shawn calling his name. He turns around and faces me, grinning. He stops walking, waiting for me to catch up.

"What's up?" He asks as we start walking together.

There's a small pause before I ask him, "Do you want to hang out today?"

"As in to tutor?" He asks, "I think I'm fine cause I'm pretty sure I aced the English test thanks to you."

"Well, I thought that maybe I could teach you another song on the guitar..." I say, "and your welcome."

There's another pause, and my mind starts to wonder. He's probably wondering why I want to keep hanging out with him. He's right, there probably won't be very many tutoring anymore because he's got it down. Even though I don't want Shawn to remember the real me, I feel like I still want to be around him.

"Ya sure, I'm up for that," He breaks the silence.

"Ok cool, so do you want to just go to your house, grab your guitar and come to my place? Or I can come to yours," I suggest.

"I'll go grab my guitar and walk down," he says. We come to the four way street and we split ways, "see you later." I wave and start walking home. I was still having second thoughts of all of this. Was showing Shawn on social media a good idea? I can imagine all the comments the confused fans will be posting. I step inside my house, the open windows allowing bright sunshine to fill the room. I take off my white vans and walk upstairs to my room to drop off my back pack. When I step inside I see Mittens sleeping on my bed.

(I put a pic of her room on the side)

Grabbing my guitar, I scan my room, making sure it was clean. Before I left the room, I spotted the S.M box laying against the wall. I mentally face palm myself and walk over when the doorbell rings.

Flustered I shout, "It's open!" And run to grab the box.

"No it's not!" I hear Shawn's faint voice shout. I can't believe he actually heard me...

Thinking fast I shout,"There's a key under the mat!" I couldn't find a place to store the box, since I was so rushed. So I stuff it under my bed.

"Nice room," Shawn says behind me making me jump.

"Oh um, thanks," I say brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

We stand there in silence, Shawn looks around my room while I stare at the floor. Shawn walks over and crawls on my bed and examines the pictures I hung. "Did you take these, or did your dad?" He asks.

"I did," I say.

"Wow, they're nice," he says looking back at me, catching a glance at Mittens, "you have a cat!?"

I grin and nod, stifling a giggle. I sit down on the edge of my bed, grabbing my guitar. Shawn sits down beside me with his guitar in hands.

"Any song you want to learn?" I ask him, strumming my guitar.