Chapter 26: THIS IS US

The days passed slowly after Ange's date with Josh. She tried to concentrate on things that wouldn't remind her of Harry, but somehow everything reminded her of him.

The following Wednesday was the premiere of "This Is Us" but since Perrie's Uncle worked for the theatre they were showing it in, he already got the DVD for it and gave it to Perrie. Ange decided to watch it at Perrie's house. The idea of watching it at her house was not very appealing. She knew that Eleanor and Michael and even her parents (who all planned to watch) would talk about Harry (or in Eleanor's case, Louis. She has been having sort of a crush on him lately.) as if they had known him intimately--which they hadn't.

Furthermore, Perrie was going to be the only one at her house that night. Her older brother (A/N: I know Perrie doesn't have an older brother but let's just pretend.. okay? haha) had left for University back in the UK and her parents were going to a school board meeting. Watching with Perrie would be the next best thing to watching in private.

Ange had long since apologized to Perrie for her outburst in the cafeteria. Ever since, Perrie had been especially tactful on the subject of Harry (and Zayn).

"So you really liked him?" she had asked Ange during study hall one day.

Ange nodded. "Really."

"But what happened? Why haven't you been in touch with him? Did you guys have a fight?"

"No. We just... It isn't going to work out, that's all." Ange would not admit the truth to anyone but Ronnie.

After a moment, Perrie said, "Remember when you first told me about Harry and I said his name sounded familiar?"

"Yeah."

"I finally realized why. It was because I had just read a magazine article about young celebrities. There was a paragraph about Harry and the rest of his band mates. Did you know that he used to work on a bakery even though his dad was like super rich?"

Ange giggled. "Really?"

"Yes," said Perrie, not pausing to say anything about Ange not knowing. And then she was off on another subject--Zayn. Ange was grateful.

On Wednesday, Ange arrived at Perrie's half an hour before their meet up time. "Oh, good," said Perrie. "You can help me make popcorn."

"You need help? You've got a popcorn popper."

"Don't be a jerk," said Perrie mildly. "We’re making Fudgy Popcorn in honor of the occasion. Here, melt these chocolate bars in the double boiler."

Perrie's popcorn invention turned out to be delicious. Ange put a plate of it on the table in the TV room. Then she had Perrie settled themselves on the couch. Perrie turned the television on and slid the DVD inside. 

Ange glanced nervously at her. "I feel like I'm about to watch someone audition or take a test."

"I guess it is a test, in a way," said Perrie. "I mean, the movie is supposed to be a hit and everything, but no one's seen it yet. The people in the audience are the once who will really decide whether the movie is popular-- whether One Direction is popular."

"Shh!" Ange said suddenly. "Here it is! Here it is!"

The One Direction logo appeared on the screen, followed by the words "This Is Us" with lively music playing in the background. Ange recognized the song to be one of One Direction's songs. Then came a shot from some big Auditorium. It could have been any Auditorium in the UK. The camera rolled down the area, past several chairs, then slowly zoned in on the stage. After a moment, it zeroed in even closer to the sign above the stage with the giant 'X'. It was the logo for "The X factor UK". Out came a boy with raven black hair and a tanned skin tone. His name flashed tastefully across the bottom of the screen. The boy smiled a gorgeous smile.

Perrie sat there admiring the boy's face and reading his name sweetly. "Zayn Malik." 

Ange just rolled her eyes.

The camera moved to different angles representing different boys. Ange recognized the blonde haired boy to be Niall Horan, the one with the feathery looking hair as Louis Tomlinson, a boy with the adorable puppy dog face as Liam Payne but no sign of Harry Styles.

"But where's Harry?" Ange asked in frustration. "Every band member has been introduced already!"

"Wait, wait! There he is!" exclaimed Perrie.

The camera had pulled back slightly and a curly haired boy stepped out into the stage-- Harry. In large letters appeared the words "and Harry Styles."

"Wow," breathed Perrie. "He looks even more gorgeous! Great choice, Ange. And that Zayn fella was HOT!"

"Yeah," Ange said softly.

Perrie glanced back at her, about to say something, then changed her mind and turned back to the tv.

Ange thought that "This Is Us" is actually quite nice to watch. It was sort of like a documentary of what One Direction had been through all these years. They introduced each and every one of them and showed their first auditions for the X factor. Ange thought all of their voices were beautiful but admired Harry's voice the most. She didn't even know he could sing at first! The movie dragged on to the awards they had been nominated to and won. Their fans and their family, so on and so forth. It kind of got boring, well except when clips of their old video diaries were showed.

However, Ange thought that One Direction were amazing, especially Harry. They made 5 normal (well 4 to be exact) boys into the biggest boy band of the world! Ange was a bit disappointed when clips of Harry and Taylor were shown.

As the final credits were rolling, Perrie turned to Ange and said, "I don't know about you, but I loved that! I plan to be sitting here on this couch from everyday, rewinding that movie over and over again."

"Oh, you know I liked it, too," Ange replied. She and Perrie laughed nonstop during the show. They had laughed so hard that they'd missed some parts and had to keep turning to each other and saying, "What? What did he say?"

Suddenly Ange began to giggle. "Remember when a fan asked them if who they would date on the X factor house and both Louis and Harry said Mary and Louis screamed really loud 'SHE'S MINE!!!' ?"

Perrie began to laugh, too. "Yeah, and Harry was covering his ears and the rest of the boys laughed their butts off!"

"And when Harry and Taylor were on a date in Central Park and Harry looked absolutely bored!" Ange finished. Then her smile faded. "Perrie, tell me honestly. What did you think of Harry?"

Perrie pretended to swoon. "I thought he was... Gosh, 'gorgeous' doesn't seem like a good enough word for him. I'll use that just for his looks," she decided. "I think there's a lot more to him than good looks. He seems warm, funny, charming and caring. I feel silly saying that when all I know of him is what I saw on a Movie."

"No, you're right," said Ange. "He's all those things." What Ange didn't add was that she was more in love with Harry Styles than ever. " 1/5 of the world's heartthrob." That was a pretty accurate description, she thought. Ange made up her mind. She would call Ronnie as soon as she had a chance for a private conversation.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Sorry for the late update... Wattpad was being “difficult” for the past few weeks and wouldn’t let me open it. I guess they got it fixed now so I had to update for you guys! Anyways, hope you like it! Don’t forget to read my Liam Payne fanfic called ‘Not-so-Perfect Harmony’!

Also, please Vote/Comment/Share if you liked this chapter and if you haven’t please follow me to be updated on whether I finished another chapter.

Massive Thank You to each and every one of my Readers! Love you all!

~xoxo Ronette