[ three ]

THREE; WE'RE BROTHERS NOW

THREE;
WE'RE BROTHERS NOW

THE GIRL sighed for the thousandth time that day as she watched the lock in her hands not unlock after putting her combination while managing to block out all the stares burning into her back and the whispers around her.

The day she was dreading had come sooner than expected and she found herself walking up to the dark blue doors of BHHS in horror. She didn't know what to expect. Before, she was the sweet, innocent girl who's life appeared seemingly perfect. The girl who would always greet students with a timid smile or a welcoming good morning. She was too innocent, in every one's eyes, to be faces with the real world and it's obstacles - she would only crumble under the pressure.

Now, she was better known as not the innocent girl who happened to have lost her mother she once was but the mysterious lightning caused coma girl she came to be and she didn't like it one bit. Regardless of that, she was in fact expecting the odd stares from her fellow peers. She was expecting the not so low whispers from her ex-friends and the glares of intimacy from enemies.

Though, one thing for sure, she was certainly not expecting worried filled looks from a group of kids around her age.

Registering back into the school wasn't as difficult as she thought it'd be. Maybe it was because the staff never signed her out, the hope that the straight A student would soon wake up strong enough. But the hope wasn't strong enough since they did give her locker away to a student named Liam Dunbar. The only reason she knew the kid's name was mainly due to Ms. Hennessi's - the receptionist - inability to whisper. Due to the mishap, her locker had been located to down the hall, 37 lockers away from hers. And seeing as how they replaced the locker owner, they threw away her lock and had been nice enough to hand her one of their used ones with only 'sorry for the inconvenience' to go along with it.

Not only were the students giving her looks but the school staff also and she realized that once she went to pick up her schedule. She would've thought that maybe they'd be welcoming, a real welcoming  - since they were adults but that thought soon diminished rapidly as she retrieved the thin paper from Ms.Hennessi's hold.

She was beginning to regret declining her dad's offer to stay home. He knew it would be tough for his daughter to fall back into her normal school routine as if the nine months she had spent in the hospital were simply a nightmare, so he  gave her a decision - you can go to school and face the world again or stay home and go another day - weeks perhaps. But being the good girl she was, she went. She had already missed nine months and she didn't want to fall behind any more than she was already. The curly haired girl was lucky enough the school board hadn't decided to fail her and give her the chance to make the work, gradually. She wanted for everything to fall into place perfectly and perhaps start fresh - start from scratch.