[ two ]

TWO;COMING HOME

TWO;
COMING HOME

"WELCOME HOME."

Andrew Marin opened the brown wooden door for his daughter, letting her into the familiar house. She immediately walked in, taking in her surroundings. It felt odd stepping into a house she hasn't been in almost a year, so seeing everything all again was quite rare for her. Everything looked the same, and untouched since the day she went into a coma as if she was still living with him.

It has been a day since the incident at the hospital. One day of keeping quiet about what she saw. She didn't know how to tell anyone or if they'd believe her, so she sealed her mouth and mentally promised herself - and her mother - that she'd find evidence of the supernatural ( or whatever it is that she saw ) existence and receive justice for her mother's death. She promised herself she's find whoever killed her and make sure they deserve what's coming their way. The first step in her plan was to make friends with the boy from the other night and everything would be history from there.

It has also been a day since what happened to her. From that night forward, she dismissed her never ending curiosity about her self discovery. Nothing else happened after that, so she thought nothing of it. Maybe it was a side effect of waking up from a coma, she thought to herself that night, or maybe I was just hallucinating because of all the drugs entered into her system.

After the heart to heart moment with her father, she was obligated to stay at the hospital for some check ups. The usual after waking up from a coma. It was only in the morning when she was released from the Beacon Hills Hospital, with the agreement to monthly checkups. Annalise was okay with it as long as it meant staying with her dad, and never leaving his side again.

She opened the light blue painted door of her very own bedroom, pushing it forward with her dad in tow. It looked the same. Her white blankets neatly sprawled on the queen bed, the dent on the wall behind the door from the time she opened it a little too hard, and even the broken lamp on her bedside table she never had time to throw away. Everything was exactly the same.

"It's like I never left," she muttered loud enough for her dad to hear, walking over to her bed and falling down on it with her arms open wide, "I've been in that hospital bed for too long that I forgot how great my own bed felt."

Andrew gave her a heart-warmed smile, "Well, better get comfortable here because you'll never lay in that hospital bed ever again."

The girl smiled in agreement but on the inside she wasn't so sure about the distinction her dad had proposed. Based on her not-so-new discoveries, she had a feeling it wouldn't be the last time in the hospital. "I missed you so much, dad."