I weakly smiled as she continued.

"You have been dealing with something so difficult, and you kept pushing me out... Skipping school... Lying to me... But that doesn't mean i didn't want to be there for you even if you thought I shouldn't have. When i took on the responsibility of being your guardian, i made a promise to my sister that I would take care of you and I want to see that... But you have to be more open with me, Thea."

She took hold of my face again and i held her wrists, my bottom lip trembling as I started to cry. She kissed my forehead, making me close my eyes and apologize for the trouble I put her through.

"I promise to be a bit better, Aunt Penny."

"Good... That's all i ask," she smiled, taking turns to wipe away my tears and hers.

Our attention went to the door when there was a knock interrupting our visit. A nurse was there, the one who usually would check in during rotations to make sure to write where we were located. I smiled a bit at him as he walked in with his clipboard.

The nurse grinned, "How's the visit going, Thea?"

I nodded that it was going well, then he nodded, happy to hear that and then turned to my aunt to inform her that the documents for her to sign for my release were ready for her at the front desk. Aunt Penny smiled, nodding that she'd be right there and the nurse made his exit.

I looked down at our hands on the bed, her thumb brushing mine carefully.

Today was the day that I go back home. And tomorrow I return to school. My aunt told me that she had told the school that I was going to be on leave until further notice, that it was something medical. Which wouldn't have really been a lie to be honest.

"Are you going to be alright, sweetheart? Going back to school i mean?"

I didn't answer right away. I chewed my bottom lip, some habits hard to die, and I nodded that I thought so. This was my chance to getting back to normal, and that i wasn't going to have to worry about the werewolves living in Blood Moon Falls since the feeling of wanting to be around the other was neutral.

Looking up at her, I nodded that I was going to take it one step at a time. She nodded, smiling, "That's my girl." before kissing my forehead and got up to leave the room. I sighed, looking around me and then lastly to my roommate's bed. She was currently in her session with her therapist so I wouldn't be able to see her after, but we never really talked unless it was to ask how the other was doing for the day.

I bent down, tugging on my laceless shoes---the staff took my shoelaces away from them---and walked towards the door. Aunt Penny was nodding her head to something a staff member was telling her when I approached. The nurse turned her head to me and smiled, "Congratulations, Thea. I hope your stay here was helpful."

"It was, thank you."

Aunt Penny wrapped her arm around me, and I leaned my head against her as we walked out of the hospital; one of the security guards tipping his hat at us before locking the doors behind us.

The drive home was peaceful; my aunt was telling me about the dinner she had planned to make and I put my two cents in that I would really like the taste of her freshly made orange juice. She laughed that she'd get right on it before glancing at me that Silver missed me a lot.

She explained that she would walk the horse, leading him around the property, but was too scared to ride him. I laughed that I couldn't wait to spend time with him, then my smile wilted a little at the thought of Newt. I remember i had told my aunt that my dog had run away, though she frowned a while wondering how that was possible when he was so attached to me.