Chapter 7: My Reason To Live

Start from the beginning

"And go where?"

"We lived on the road all winter." Hershel pointed out.

"Back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours." Glenn spat.

"We can't stay here."

"We can't run."

Maggie turned away and walked out of the room. Glenn looked at us and then said, "All right. We'll stay put. We're gonna defend this place. We're making a stand."

Hershel nodded and Glenn bent back down to the floor. "Carl, you and I will go down to the tombs." He pointed at the map. "We need to figure out where the breach is."

"You got it." Carl said.

"You'll need some help." Michonne said.

"No," said Glenn, "in case anything happens, I need you out here."

Glenn looked like he just realized something. "Who's on watch?!" He asked angrily. He got up and walked away. "Damn it."

Once he left, Hershel went into the cell blocks, probably to check up on Maggie, and Beth went to go get Judith. My mother walked in, and when she saw Michonne, she hugged her.

"Good to see you again, Michonne." My mother told her.

"You too, Reyna."

* * *

I didn't see Rick since he tried to kill me. Beth told me he screamed at someone, except there was no one there. He also shoved a gun in Tyreese's face and that's when they left.

She also told me that Merle was the one who beat up Glenn and the Governor almost had him and Maggie executed, like Hershel said. The Governor had Daryl and Merle fight to the death, but, thankfully, nobody died. Once they escaped, Daryl left with his brother.

The cell door opened and Glenn and Carl came in.

"The tombs outside the boiler room are overrun again." Glenn said as Beth locked the door.

"That whole section had been cleared." She said.

"It's a steady stream of walkers." Carl said.

"We're wasting time." said Hershel. "The Governor is supposedly on the way and we're stuck in here with walkers."

"Trapped between a rock and a hard place." Carol said.

"For the last time, running is not an option." Glenn said.

"Glenn, if the tombs have filled up again, it may be just a matter of time before they push in here." Carol told him.

"Or until some fence gives away." Beth added.

"What if one of them herds is passing through?" Axel questioned. "Or settled?"

"Can't handle that with just a few of us." Carol said.

"Okay." said Glenn. "All right, we need, we just need to scout the far side of the prison. Find out what's going on."

"You're going out there?" Hershel said.

"Take a car and make it quick."

"I'll drive." Axel said, with the keys in his hand.

"No, you stay here. Help with the fortifications." He said. "I'll take Maggie."

"You sure she's up to that?" Hershel asked him.

Glenn didn't answer. He left the room, most likely to talk to Maggie.