xxxiii

[Unedited]

It kills me sometimes, how people die.

➳➳➳

Ethan waited seated in his car that was parked on the road opposites Harry's mansion. Tonight he was going to complete the task that Alexander assigned him to do. He still didn't know what exactly Alexander had in mind to do or how he would frame Harry, but he was sure that whatever it was he was going to succeed. Alexander always got what he wanted. Everyone knew that... Well, everyone but Harry, who kept on underestimating his opponent's powers.

Ethan smiled to himself running a hand over his face. Poor Harry. Ethan could just imagine his face when he would learn about the sick game Alexander played on him, but then it would be too late.

If Harry hadn't left and stayed with him everything would have been so different. But he did. He left, took over his father's companies and became rich something that Ethan is not. Deep down he knows that the hatred he feels towards Harry is because he envies him. He has everything and Ethan has nothing. He wasn't even the true son of Desmond Styles yet that didn't prevent him to take his wealth. That son of a bîtch loved him too much, like a real son. Ethan couldn't help but think that he shouldn't have killed Maxwell Starr that night. No. He should have let him live and tell everything to Harry's father, maybe then he wouldn't love him that much and Harry would have nothing.

That was his mistake.

Now, though, he could change everything. One simple move could change everything. Harry would be and feel as miserable as him, because Ethan was miserable. Under that cold mask he wore hid a pained, troubled and miserable young man. The only thing he ever loved the most was taken away from him and now the same would happen with Harry. If he couldn't be happy neither could Harry.

Sweet Angelina would be the end of him. He just didn't know it yet. 

Harry kept distant from her and didn't let his cold heart feel for her, but Ethan could notice the attraction and interest he showed towards the younger girl and that he would use it against Harry. Ethan knew him too well, he knew how he thought and how he worked.

Ethan glanced at the black bag on the passenger's seat and pressed his lips into a thin line, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. He remembered that he still hadn't shown Alexander the adoption papers that he found at the orphanage that day. Alexander had been busy the past few days and hadn't even asked him about it, but Ethan knew that if he shown those papers to him things would change. He didn't want to show then to Alexander but sooner or later he would ask for them and then Ethan wouldn't be able to hide their content any more from him. Harry's mother name was written on those papers and that name was now printed on Ethan's mind forever.

Paulina Cox.

He had heard that name before.

The lights in the house turned off suddenly bringing Ethan out of his thoughts. The large gate opened and a man, Harry's driver, came out making Ethan slip down on his seat to hide from him. He sighed and touched the gun that was positioned on his belt. He waited for a bit. He heard laughter, followed by a woman's voice and then the sound of tires moving fast against gravel.

They were gone.

Ethan sat up again and looked through the window to make sure that no one was outside. He knew that Harry would never leave his mansion unprotected. He had security cameras and alarms everywhere and also earlier he saw the neighborhood's guard walking past the house. He had to be careful.