xix

The best part of "believe" is the "lie".
➳➳➳

        [Angel's POV]

The bedroom door creaked open and slow footsteps were heard in the quiet room. The small girl lying beneath the sheets opened her eyes slowly as she realised that someone got in. She raised her head to look at her mother's slim figure walking towards her with a worried expression on her face.

"Mum? What happened?" the ten year old ,Angelina, asked sleepily rubbing her eyes. Her mother sat on her bed and caressed her cheeks lovingly. She opened her mouth to speak but then a loud noise echoed through the house and Angelina's eyes widened as she sat up immediately.

"What was that?" she asked panicked. Her mother looked behind at the closed door and then back at her taking a shaky breath.

"Don't worry honey dad is going to take care of it." she tried to reassure her but Angelina knew just by the sound of her voice that something was wrong. Was her dad in danger? What was going on?

"Mum what's wrong?" Angelina asked again as her eyes filled with tears.

"Nothing-"

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" her father's loud and angry voice interrupted her mother. She jumped in surprise and wrapped her arms around her mother's waist burying her face in her chest.

BANG BANG

Two loud gunshots. That's all it took. A soft sob left her lips and her mother instantly put her hands over Angelina's ears but she had already heard.

"Mum, dad is... I'm scared mum." she couldn't finish her sentence. She cried against her mother's chest.

"Listen to me sweetheart. Go and hide in the closet and please don't get out until I tell you to. Alright? " her mother asked her looking into her eyes. Angelina nodded quickly.

" You will come back? "

"Yes sweetheart I'll come back. I love you." she kissed her head and then stood up and walked out of the bedroom. Angelina's shaky legs supported her towards the closed and she got inside carefully before closing the door. She curled up in the corner and hid her face in her arms as she sobbed quietly. She waited and waited for her mother to come back but she never did and then...

BANG BANG

"We're here." Ethan said shaking lightly my shoulder to catch my attention. I looked at the house in front of us and then at him and nodded my head. I felt tired like all the energy I had was drained away as my eyes met his green ones.

"I better go." I told him and turned around to open the door but before I could he reached out his hand and stopped me.

"I know that it's too much to take in but believe me this is the first time in my entire life that I'm actually telling you the truth. " he said and paused. He was waiting for me to look at him and say something but I stood in my position and opened the door getting out quickly without saying anything else. What am I supposed to say anyway? I am still shaking but it's not fear that I'm feeling it's anger. Anger towards everyone and especially Harry. If he has done what Alexander accused him of doing then I'll not stop at nothing to give him what he deserves. I already agreed to help Alexander but I'm also going to do a research myself.

I walked at the back door from where I came out of and got inside the house which looked dark and empty. I walked down the narrow corridor and reached the big living room. I saw that Harry's office was open and faint light came from inside it. Is he there? I expected him to be upstairs enjoying his night with his lady. I turned around and started walking up stairs when I heard someone speak.